Cleaning.

{tpc}

Region
USA
What is the best way to clean the bike if covered in “trail dust”? I assume hosing it down is a no no. I can imagine an air compressor will help, but I can’t imagine it will get it entirely clean..

I wipe mine down with a damp cloth. I also detail the finish with Car Guys Hybrid Wax. I clean the chain and cassette every few weeks with a degreasing agent like Simple Green and a chain cleaning device and brushes. I’ve never hosed my ebikes down.
5597CD8C-020D-4F9A-BD3B-9A4D1BCD8565.jpeg

Yeah, mostly a damp rag, for greasy bits, a mild degreaser on a rag, then on the bike, maybe followed with a water dampened rag to rinse a bit. I don't even hose down my motorcycles. I clean them the same way, with the exception of the wheels. They get mild soap and water and carefully rinsed with the hose. Less is more sometimes.

I use Muc Off Waterless Wash and its great, it gets an awesome shine and a wax like coating which keeps dust and dirt off surfaces much longer which makes everything cleaner.

All you have to do is spray it on, leave it on for a bit, and wipe off. Simple stuff.

Spray with high suds soapy water from a spray bottle. Rinse with low pressure water from a $12 garden sprayer used only for water. Often it is easiest outside to move the tilt of the handlebar up as to not damage important bits and to flip the bike to work suds and water through the chain.

Attachments

• ShowUsaTool04.JPG
    ShowUsaTool04.JPG
    225.9 KB · Views: 159
So Muc Off makes a nanotech bike cleaner, a waterless wash and a ebike waterless wash. Finish line also makes an ebike wash of some sort, but seems more of a aerosol than a pump spray handle.

Does anyone have experience with some of the “ebike” products? I want to order on Amazon. High powered air from my compressor did an ok job but needs to be better.

So Muc Off makes a nanotech bike cleaner, a waterless wash and a ebike waterless wash. Finish line also makes an ebike wash of some sort, but seems more of a aerosol than a pump spray handle.

Does anyone have experience with some of the “ebike” products? I want to order on Amazon. High powered air from my compressor did an ok job but needs to be better.
Seriously, soap and water works best as long as it is very low pressure. I had been using some shampoo in the soapy spray but now I stick to Dawn Professional 1-00 because of its high suds. This stuff is highly concentrated so cut it back 1-15 with water. Rinse. Then you can lube the chain with MucOff drylube. I always remove the battery before washing. Be gentile.

Anyone silicone the hole in the frame under the controller? Wish I could find a grommet to fit, for waterproofing... Curious.

Back