City commuter step-thru ebikes with a twist throttle?

Edge

Are there any city commuter step-thru ebikes with a twist throttle and thinner tires 1.95" - 2.25" and 700mm wheels sizes? I'm looking at the Rize City and the Biktrix Swift and they both have thumb throttles and 26" tires. I'm 66 years old and would like a step-thru. I use to ride a motorcycle so I'm more comfortable with a twist throttle. Thanks.

Are there any city commuter step-thru ebikes with a twist throttle and thinner tires 1.95" - 2.25" and 700mm wheels sizes? I'm looking at the Rize City and the Biktrix Swift and they both have thumb throttles and 26" tires. I'm 66 years old and would like a step-thru. I use to ride a motorcycle so I'm more comfortable with a twist throttle. Thanks.
I don't know anything about those bikes but I also used to ride motorcycles and the twist throttles are not the same thing. The twist throttle on my bike is to the left of the grip and I added a ring that I could work with my thumb.

I don't know anything about those bikes but I also used to ride motorcycles and the twist throttles are not the same thing. The twist throttle on my bike is to the left of the grip and I added a ring that I could work with my thumb.

Which ebike do you have? So it's a left hand twist and the ring kind of acts like a thumb throttle?

I have a new Rad Rover step through. The throttle is to the left of the right hand grip. The ring just clamps onto the throttle allowing me to turn it with just my thumb rather than slide my hand over to twist it.

Attachments

• DSCF4140.JPG
    DSCF4140.JPG
    402.4 KB · Views: 391

The Pedego City Commuter has a twist throttle on the right hand side of the handlebar.

Have owned this Predego for 5 years with no issues or problems. A tad expensive based on comparables, but reliability worth the extra dollars.

Not familiar with Rize City but RAD City Step Through has twist throttle on the right and 26" wheels. It's a half-twist, i.e. only half of the grip rotates, not the entire length of the grip. Some are more comfortable with thumb throttle but half-twist is popular too. I don't think 700 size is too important.

I second (or third!) the suggestion of the Pedego. It seems to meet your criteria well. I will also agree with @Martinet above that Pedego is a bit expensive given its componentry and non-integrated battery. What you are getting for the price, instead, is a strong, dedicated and very helpful dealer network. I was close to pulling the trigger on a Pedego last year but ultimately went in a different direction in part for the reasons stated above.

But it is a really nice bike, that meets your criteria, and has great dealer support.

Thanks for your suggestions but the Pedego is way to expensive for what you get. I am also pretty mechanical so I won't rely on a local dealer network. Also not to crazy about the rear sway balance with the battery on the back. Swift looks good but is $250 about 15% more than the Rize City.

Back