Charger for Dehawk 48v 16ah battery

Johnitahoe

What charger do you recommend for a Dehawk 48v 16ah battery? Where can I buy one? I’m in the US. This is the battery used in the Moscow plus bike. My existing charger seems to have died. Thanks John

Attachments

• C9E55A5B-35BF-43A8-9462-A34BCE3F93EC.jpeg
    C9E55A5B-35BF-43A8-9462-A34BCE3F93EC.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 1,583
Nice links, thanks! What plug should we choose for the ncm moscow plus battery? DC, right?

Last edited:
Ok! I will be ordering the one with 4A, DC plug (I have checked it). Any risk of damaging the battery or anything else? any warning? I don't know much about chargers... Thanks!

p.d: I did not see your message suggesting 5A after the image capture. I will think about it. Yes, NCM gave me 2A charger...

There are two models of battery for the ncm moscow plus, one with 14A and one with 16A. Mine came with 14A... will 5A be fine anyway, or should I use 4A? Thanks again!

Nice, will order 5A then. My other bike (Giant 2019) has a 500wh battery with 6A charger, but it is the original charger so I was more confident with them :D

Any risk of damaging the battery or anything else? any warning?
Warning is usually SMOKE!

Yeah, sure, but the Giant is 36V with different plug, so nothing to do with the NCM Dehawk battery ;)

Mmm, true, they are Reention, but I thought they were just the same... Mine says Reention indeed.

Mmm... this opens up a new world of possibilities... can I just order a new reention battery with 16ah, 17.5ah or even 21ah from aliexpress or alibaba (I have seen them at 200$!!!) and make the switch in my bike??? That would be awesome!

Many thanks... understood. You have been very helpful. Please get some beers and send me the receipt :D
Cheers!

I ended up buying a 17.5Ah battery for my bike with Samsung cells and it works perfectly! 5A charger is on the way...

If you are interested in buying my used 48v Reention/Dehawk 14Ah battery still under warranty just send me a pm :D

Ok! I will be ordering the one with 4A, DC plug (I have checked it). Any risk of damaging the battery or anything else? any warning? I don't know much about chargers... Thanks!

p.d: I did not see your message suggesting 5A after the image capture. I will think about it. Yes, NCM gave me 2A charger...
I think 4A is about as fast as you want to charge, any stronger, you get problems with heat, and shortening the life of your battery through dendrite formation.

I don't think that with 4A charge on a >13Ah battery you're in the danger zone. it's not even to close to 1C.

Back