Cemoto Electric Folding Mountain Bike

posting youtube links next

this bike is hardly used and both shops checked the bearings and tightened them and it made no difference

please let me know if all of them are doing this or if marty you think that replacement parts are available i would love to purchase some and make it more stable

Vincent - I just check my bike and it does have a little slack or play on the rear wheel. This is the way the bike was design so that the rear wheel can move up and down in conjunction with the rear air suspension. What you can do is tighten those bolts on the side of the black brackets to decrease the slack. You need an allen key to tighten the bolts and make sure both side are tighten. In other words, when you tighten the bolt, the other side of the bolt also needs to be secure with an allen key to tighten. Do the same for all 6 bolts.

tightening the bolts has already been done twice and it did not change anything

the second shop said mountain bikes that are ridden hard - when the bearings wear out that is what they look like, they get sloppy in the rear end etc
this is why the first shop- mtn bike repair shop- was concerned, to them this was unacceptable and unsafe

but since i am only riding it on pavement and not hard he thought it would be fine for me the way it is, just supposed to keep an eye on it

but if there is a way to change those pieces out and make it more sturdy i would do it, so if anyone knows where to get those pieces/new bearing etc let me know and i will try the new parts and post the results

u mean on sale or for sale. i see the $349. is that the only place to buy these and the cheapest?
I still have not had time to even ride mine yet. busy and busy and busy and cold even here in vegas

Last summer, I bought two batteries. One was a 36V for $280 shipped from Singapore, but the company cheated on the lithium shipping rules, labelling it as a much smaller battery. Today, legal shipping probably adds $80.. The other was 48V for $449 shipped by truck from Texas. These are generic "dolphin" batteries which would have to be clamped to the frame and look like crap.

In your case, you are getting a battery that hides in a frame. I don't feel $349 is too high, although it is half the cost of the bike.

Lithium batteries are not cheap and it's the most expensive component on any ebike. I've racked up over 1000 miles on my Cemoto and the battery is still running strong as day 1.

just ordered spare battery. vincent...parts I was referring to are parts of the factory bike like motor etc...does electrobikeworld have any of these parts etc and electrical for the bike?

ps...do you have a mirror on handlebar...if so, which one is good?

I got the DC plug here http://m.ebay.com

And lights here, I use speaker wires and hook up directly. Also bought an on/off switch from radio shack and install on the positive wire. http://m.ebay.com

I'm out of town right now, will be back home on the weekend. Lcd I think there are some that will work but I don't have the link right now.

vincent, this light comsumes 20w of power according to description...wont that eat up the battery fast?

yes, i have seen that one. how does that one mount to your bike...it doesnt really show any type of mounting bracket like the other one does?

Looks like electrobikeworld has this bike in stock now. Price has gone up, I'm guessing due to high demand and low supply?

After a lot of researching on ebikes, I went a head and ordered this Cemoto folding bike from Electrobikeworld.com. They gave me an option of gold or black in color, I opted for the gold. The big box arrived at my door within 4 business days, everything was neatly package with no damage. I had to install the front tire with quick release, tighten the handlebar stem using the tools that came with it and install the seat that also came with quick release. Pumped up the tires and the whole installation took about 15 minutes. My first impression? This thing is big, bold, beautiful and badass! I took the 36v lithium battery out of the frame using the included 2 keys to do a full charge, the battery can be charged on or off the bike. The key locks the battery into the frame. The bike folds in half with a pull of the latch and fits in the trunk of my Ford Focus. Took roughly 4 hours to charge the battery and I took her for a first ride. There is a button to activate the bike and 3 led lights turns on to indicate the battery life. First reaction was wow! This thing has a really nice kick to it and takes off very smooth, I got to maximum speed quickly and I'm 150lb. The pedal assist works great as they should and the twist throttle is power on demand at any given time. I did a 15 mile maiden ride and still had 2 led lights left when I got home. I love the dual suspension as going over bumps and cracks was smooth and painless. This bike got a lot of head turners and a few neighbor ask what kind of bike it was. My over all experience with this bike has been fantastic and I'm very happy I got this bike!
smile.gif
I ended up installing better seat and higher handlebar for a more upright sitting position, I'm more of a street cruiser than a mountain trail rider. I do on occasion, go off roading at a nearby field and can't wait to take it out. Enjoy the photos!

View attachment 3429 View attachment 3430 View attachment 3431 View attachment 3432 View attachment 3433 View attachment 3434 View attachment 3435 View attachment 3436 View attachment 3437View attachment 3429 View attachment 3430 View attachment 3431 View attachment 3432 View attachment 3433 View attachment 3434 View attachment 3435 View attachment 3429

I bought one from a fellow who found it too small for him. I love it. But, I can not find an owners manual or handbook. Do you have any idea where I van get one. I emailed the company but got no response. If you would be willing to copy yours I'd pay you for it. Any help you can give would be great. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, the seller's site is dormant so in reality, this ebike will follow most basic operations as other small folding ebikes. I can tell you that the folding mechanism latch is a bit delicate on the handlebars, easy to loose the pin in the hinge, so be careful. Will see what we can do to get you just a generic ebike manual.

Just to confirm, is your bike 36V or 24V?

Back