Cemoto Electric Folding Mountain Bike

This was a fun starter bike for me but I have moved on to a more powerful bike. The Fat Cat XL, its got 48v lithium battery, 4 inch fat tires, custom rear rack and so much fun to ride! Fat tire bikes are popular now and I love this bike. It only cost $1495 free shipping and 1 year warranty! Check it out.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

IMGP7210.jpg

Last edited:
Howdy,
Yes, I agree its a great starter bike and I now only use for local road riding, etc.

I've been riding my recently built Kona MTB with Bafang mid-drive (48v 1000w) 42T sprocket, 9-speed (11/32) , fox shocks, remote seat height lever, etc., it also has the C961 LCD.

I am loving the heck out of this bike and I can take it on all the trails (AMT, XC, Enduro)

With the mid-drive system this thing will climb trees and has power to spare (and I'm also getting 60 miles per charge!)

It's now the equivalent of the expensive Bosch powered mid-drive bike ($5,000 - $7000 range) except this has 3 times more power and only cost me $1500 (and just 49 lbs)

Attachments

• KONA NEW.jpg
    KONA NEW.jpg
    528.2 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:
Hi
I'm pretty happy with my bike, as it folds so I can store it on the ground behind the hook I store another bike on, and, it fits in the trunk of my Honda Civic. At Burning man, where the conditions were extreme, my bike looked to be perfectly suited with the full suspension, and preformed as well as any other bike I ran it against on the playa. I don't know how much more power it needs.

I saw that bike at Burning man and tried to see it out riding in the heavy stuff but never did. It was extremely windy with heavy dust storms. Lots of piled lose dust. My bike did just fine. 20 mph was too fast most of the time.

I know fat tired bikes are popular, however they are bulky, and to me, not very agile. I have ridden a Mongoose fat tire conversion with a 1000 watt hub motor and a few Sonders bikes, they were more like driving a truck than riding a bike.

The Mongoose, for my tastes, had too much power and was way too heavy. Must weigh 75 pounds.

The Mongoose has no suspension, the Sonder's none, I had full suspension, a very nice thing in the rough stuff.

What does that bike weigh?

Last edited:
It has an aluminum frame and weighs about 65lb. The fat tire IS the suspension and yes it rides like a truck compare to my Cemoto bike. the 4 inch knobby tires feel like it can go over anything including sand, mud and snow. It's a totally different riding experience and to be honest, I have much more fun riding the Fat Cat. I like to cruise around in it like a scooter and when I like to do some real exercise and pedal, I ride my Cemoto. I think everyone should at least experience a fat bike once in their life time.

I was riding one of my other bikes when I stated talking to a guy riding his $7,500 Stromer. He said he didn't like it because it wasn't enough like a real road bike. I have ridden them and agree with him. At 62 pounds it ain't a bicycle, it's a moped, and slow moped at that. But a moped can be a lot of fun to ride, as the old joke tells us*

So, people like different things. If I want to ride a bike I like one of my lighter bikes, which performs as a bicycle, my folding bike is fun sometimes, but it's a pain to ride as a bicycle, if I wanted the most fun on two wheels I'd get an old smaller motorcycle, somewhere between my two favorite bikes, a 1984 Honda VT500 and a 1963 Honda Cub.

*What does a plus size woman and a moped have in common? Both can be fun, but you don't want to be seen with either one (cleaned up for the forum)

Last edited:
I agree that each individual ebikes have its own purposes. One for exercising, one for commuting, one for sand/snow, one for cruising etc. But I strongly disagree when people in general compare an ebike to a scooter/motorcycle. An ebike is a totally different class of 2 wheeler on its own. When we talk about upgrading our ebikes to make it more powerful and faster, there's always someone who will say....well why don't you just get a motorcycle...? Because a motorcycle CANNOT be ridden on sidewalks, bike trails or open fields where motorcycles have no access to. That's the beauty of ebikes and it's the reason I fell in love with ebikes. I'm now able to go and explore places I've never seen or knew about, I'm now able to take it with me on fishing or camping trips and explore the natural surroundings. Ebikes are way more versatile than scooter/motorcycle. I have 2 motorcycles in my garage and they are collecting dust ever since I started riding ebikes.

Marty - that joke is a classic! :)

vincent...
have you come across any batteries that will fit this bike except from the place I bought it? is there another source? thanks

u mean on sale or for sale. i see the $349. is that the only place to buy these and the cheapest?
I still have not had time to even ride mine yet. busy and busy and busy and cold even here in vegas

The battery is for sale on their website, I don't know of any other place who sell the battery for this bike. $349 shipping included is a reasonable price. Lithium batteries are not cheap.

I've been using 20lb and getting good speed and range. My fat tire bike however I'm using 5psi which gives me a nice soft cushion ride.

finally couple of 15 mile rides. been great. bike good...love the suspension for me. seems like i have about 50% battery after the rides i guess, i have the red and yellow still showing. i try to pedal most of the time...so all is good so far.

couple of things for vincent...1. this bike doesnt seem available anymore so how do i get parts 2..if i cant get a battery down the road how do i adapt another battery etc since this one is unique with the holes for the tangs on the back part of folding bike.

any for above and anything else you have on this bike

thanks

finally couple of 15 mile rides. been great. bike good...love the suspension for me. seems like i have about 50% battery after the rides i guess, i have the red and yellow still showing. i try to pedal most of the time...so all is good so far.

couple of things for vincent...1. this bike doesnt seem available anymore so how do i get parts 2..if i cant get a battery down the road how do i adapt another battery etc since this one is unique with the holes for the tangs on the back part of folding bike.

any for above and anything else you have on this bike

thanks

You can get a lot of miles per charge on this bike, I've done 25 easily with PAS.
I've asked the same questions from www.electrobikeworld.com where I got my bike and they said they are trying to get more of this bike but do not have a precise date, keep checking back with them on availability. Regarding the parts, you can always buy from 3rd parties i.e Walmart, LBS, Amazon etc. As far as the battery they said they are available. It will take a little longer to receive with the new HAZMAT battery law but you can still get it from them on their website. Each battery has its own key. FYI: They have new models of the Cemoto bikes.

Once you guys are ready to upgrade for something more powerful and faster, consider the Big Cat Fat Cat XL from them. It's badass!

finally got some videos of the "slack" i was discussing a while back

the one mtn bike shop did not want to maintain or work on this bike because of the problem, they felt it was not safe

the next shop i took it to was not quite a concerned
they felt it would be ok that it was just sloppy machining

it is not letting upload these 10 second videos.... any suggestions?

Back