Cemoto Electric Folding Mountain Bike

Hello all,

I finally got around to installing a rear rack on my Cemoto. It's the Delta Cycle Mega rack I bought online for $19 free shipping. The left side mounting bracket I had to use a longer bolt to clear the rear brake assembly but everything else was straight forward with the installation. Enjoy the photos.

Attachments

• 20151002_163509.jpg
    20151002_163509.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 317
  • 20151002_163525.jpg
    20151002_163525.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 341
  • 20151002_163602.jpg
    20151002_163602.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 324
  • 20151002_163611.jpg
    20151002_163611.jpg
    861.9 KB · Views: 335
  • 20151002_163626.jpg
    20151002_163626.jpg
    913.7 KB · Views: 333
  • 20151002_163634.jpg
    20151002_163634.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 324
  • 20151002_163644.jpg
    20151002_163644.jpg
    838.8 KB · Views: 343
  • 20151002_164829.jpg
    20151002_164829.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 345
  • 20151002_164905.jpg
    20151002_164905.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 359
  • 20151002_165235.jpg
    20151002_165235.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 332
  • 20151002_165320.jpg
    20151002_165320.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 325
  • 20151002_165557.jpg
    20151002_165557.jpg
    944.5 KB · Views: 319
Thanks, I was glad to be able to install these traditional rear rack. I do not like the kind that mounts to the seat post with no side strut brackets. Now I can carry more cargo, I might take off the front basket.

Check out this 5v converter I found that we can use on our Cemoto bike. You plug this unit into the battery DC charger port and it has a dual USB port to run a 5v headlight and charge your phone at the same time.

5v converter
http://www.ebay.com

DC male plug

5v headlight, these are super bright!

i just got a black cemoto and am trying to learn some good stuff. seems like have some good stuff. so to get this light to work , I would connect the 5v converter to the dc plug? then this plugs directly into my battery? and then the headlight plugs directly into the usb converter? im not real electric literate. i did get the riser bars and the stem extension. thanks for excellent thread

Hi foolofsand, welcome to the Cemoto club! :) If you want to utilize the bike battery for 5v headlights and charge your phone, yes get the 5v converter and install as you have mention. If you want to just run headlights only while utilizing the bike battery, get any 80v headlights and plug it directly into the battery's charging port by using a DC male plug. My bike is currently setup this way and I added an in-line on/off switch on the headlight. Another option is a use a separate battery like a power bank charger with 2 usb adapters. With this, you'll have to use a usb 5v headlight, you can also charge your phone with the 2nd usb adapter on the power bank charger.

Does anyone own this bike or have any knowledge of it? I like the specs and the fact it has dual suspension and able to fold makes it very attractive! I'm in the market for a foldable bike that I can take with me on my long distance trips or to a trail. I don't have a truck and I don't like messing with rear trunk rack. The price is affordable and I'm seriously considering it. Check it out and feel free to share your thoughts.
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

View attachment 3215
vincent713,
I have owned this bike for 4 months. It is a little cheesy, not anywhere near a real mountain bike, more like a mountain bike look, front air shock with no oil dampening, bike works well as long as the battery is fully charged. Bought this to help my commute from charging my Chevy Spark EV at the Chevrolet dealer 4 miles down hill from my house. Have 5 complaints 1.) the power assist is not metered and is full on or off completely. Throttle is a power switch on or off as well, you cannot cruise at half speed for example. 2.) Bike is heavy to load and unload from the car. 3.) Charger is a piece of crap! burns out just outside of warranty! 4.) Chain falls off sprocket jumping a curb every time! 5.) included headlamp is junk. Other than that a few brake adjustments were required (factory loose rear brake cable clamp) Frame is small for my height of 5'11" but usable, over all not bad for a few hundred dollars. If you want a better performance/lighter bike be prepared to spend a few thousand dollars

Last edited:
Stevon,
Sorry to hear you are not enjoying your bike. Yes you paid a few hundred dollars for your bike and not a few thousands. With that being said, you can't expect to have oil dampening suspension? The twist throttle does have variable speed, if you twist slow you can feel adjust your speed. If your chain is falling off from jumping curbs, sounds like you need to get your derailleur tune. I took mine to a local bike shop and they did it for free within minutes. My charger has not failed on me, still works after countless charges. It does get hot during charging so what I did was put the charger on top of something so air can circulate through out the box. I do agree that the "flashlight" included is crap and is not bright enough for night riding. This was why I added a 10watt headlight for a much better brightness. The PAS only has 1 level of assist but with a cheap LED display you can buy to get 5 levels of assist. All of the complaints can be resolve and considering you only paid a few hundred dollars I think it has a great value. Of course if you want all the bells and whistles on a bike then get ready to fork out thousands of dollars. Part of the fun is modding and personalizing to the way you want. I ride mine daily and still going strong!

vincent713
I'm not unhappy with my bike, more like commenting on my experience. So others can make an informed purchase. I am an Engineer and can modify or fix anything that I commented on. But I think you'll find that most folks don't have the skill, tools, facilities or the time to make such modifications (no matter how much fun that can be) What they're looking for is to purchase what they can afford with "out of the box" performance to suit their needs and to avoid major problems and unanswered/uninformed questions. I'm assuming that's what this forum is all about
Stephen
Stevon,
Sorry to hear you are not enjoying your bike. Yes you paid a few hundred dollars for your bike and not a few thousands. With that being said, you can't expect to have oil dampening suspension? The twist throttle does have variable speed, if you twist slow you can feel adjust your speed. If your chain is falling off from jumping curbs, sounds like you need to get your derailleur tune. I took mine to a local bike shop and they did it for free within minutes. My charger has not failed on me, still works after countless charges. It does get hot during charging so what I did was put the charger on top of something so air can circulate through out the box. I do agree that the "flashlight" included is crap and is not bright enough for night riding. This was why I added a 10watt headlight for a much better brightness. The PAS only has 1 level of assist but with a cheap LED display you can buy to get 5 levels of assist. All of the complaints can be resolve and considering you only paid a few hundred dollars I think it has a great value. Of course if you want all the bells and whistles on a bike then get ready to fork out thousands of dollars. Part of the fun is modding and personalizing to the way you want. I ride mine daily and still going strong!

vincent71

Ordered the stuff below and this this tail lamp : (Link Removed - No Longer Exists) And I'm thinking of leaving the charge cord plugged into the below DC converter USB port, wondering if that is a good idea. Plan to unplug DC converter when I'm done and only use it only at night anyways.

Check out this 5v converter I found that we can use on our CEMOTO bike. You plug this unit into the battery DC charger port and it has a dual USB port to run a 5v headlight and charge your phone at the same time.

5v converter

DC male plug

5v headlight, these are super bright!

vincent71

Ordered the stuff below and this this tail lamp : (Link Removed - No Longer Exists) And I'm thinking of leaving the charge cord plugged into the below DC converter USB port, wondering if that is a good idea. Plan to unplug DC converter when I'm done and only use it only at night anyways.

You shouldn't have any problem leaving the tail light plugged into the DC converter as it looks like the tail light has an on/off switch. I would only charge it when the battery goes low on the lights. Where are you going to put the DC converter? I just bought a rear rack bag but haven't had the time to install it yet. Will post some pics when I install it.

vincent71,
Will eyeball and size it up when it arrives china express (6 weeks or so). A lot depends on how long the taillight lead is for the wiring strategy. Also if the taillight charger circuit automatically shuts off like most lithium chargers
Stephen
You shouldn't have any problem leaving the tail light plugged into the DC converter as it looks like the tail light has an on/off switch. I would only charge it when the battery goes low on the lights. Where are you going to put the DC converter? I just bought a rear rack bag but haven't had the time to install it yet. Will post some pics when I install it.

Last edited:
sorry i have not written in a while
had other life stuff pop up and the bikes have taken a back seat for a couple of months, havent done anything with them

have all the mods like handlebar and riser, lights etc for the cemoto and hope to get those done this week

wanted to talk about the pas and what i tried to modify it

i agree that it is horrible how it is on/off

sure i would be happier with a speed or torque type pas

the guy at cruz bikes said he gets lots of complaints from people about pas on his bikes even with selectable and he was not sure that i would b happy with a torque set up either and did not want me to spend the money not knowing

i rode one of his bikes with selectable pas and it was faster in 1 than mine is now...

we tried taking out a couple of magnets from the little disc and i thought it helped at first but it didnt
it was a cheap and easy thing to try, easy to replace the small disc if i want

would be very interested to hear if anyone adds torque type set ups how they like it and what they used

i did ride it for a bit and agree it kills your wrist etc with the regular handlebar set up, but will get that changed out before i ride it again, other than that for the short ride it seemed ok

Vincent,
Putting the CEMOTO bike in my Spark EV over the generator is a tight fit. Leaving the tiny handle bars alone for now. I agree the high power single speed is a pain but I use it to climb the hill up to my apartment, full throttle is better than no power at all and I find it is adequate for that purpose, still getting some needed exercise. ;) Do feel that the throttle system is inadequate. A closed loop constant speed (variable torque) setup like my dewault car buffer would be nice. IMO the bike is too heavy and not enough gear choices to use it without the power assist . Broke down and purchased another crap lithium charger at $15 you can imagine the warranty and land fill potential! http://www.ebay.com/itm/181915552797?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
I will change the plug end on it of course. With the DC 5 volt converter kit, headlamp and tailamp I should be good for a while.
Stephen

Last edited:
Does this have the lithium specific charger circuit? Couldn't determine that from the ad. wish to avoid explosions and/or fire:eek: Online the Chinese will sell you anything.

If you're looking for a more heavy duty with built in fan for a lot more cooler charging.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

warning about this bike

havent had time to put the handlebars etc on it so took it to a cycle shop here in tucson and ask them to do it
the bike has no more than 5-7 miles on it total since i got it

they called me the next day and said they felt the bike was unsafe and would not work on it for liability reasons

picked it up today and ask them to show me what they meant

i dont know the names of the parts but that black triangle piece that has 3 bolts and bushings that is near the rear shock has too much play in it
the bolts are tight and obviously the bushings are not worn out with 5 miles

basically they said the rear end of the bike has too much slop...

you can shift the rear tire side to side and the black piece hits the frame

could some others please check theirs and see if they have as much play

anyway took it to another bike shop that thought it was basically made or machined crappy but they were not as concerned it would break or fail under medium use but do think i should keep an eye on it

i am going to write electro bike world and see what they think and if they can get replacement bushings/bearings whatever those are , although no one really thinks this will fix it

i left the bike at the shop, when i get it back will try to have a friend help me and get a video of how much play mine has

others that own this bike please let me know how yours looks and thoughts on this

thank you

wanted to update on this

the second shop that put the handlebars on it for me etc thinks the bike is ok for medium riding but that we should keep an eye on how much play there is in the rear tire

i will not be riding the bike hard and not using it like a real mountain bike so probably will not be an issue for me for a long time

will try to get a video of how much play mine has, if some others could let me know if they have lots of play that would be great

on mine the black triangle piece actually hits the sides of the frame if you shift the tire side to side

the bike is so much better with the more upright handlebars etc

thanks to the other vincent for figuring what we needed for that mod and posting it, huge difference

the shop also did some adjusting on the small rear shock and that made a huge difference in how it rides, much better

i really hate the pedal assist and think i am going to disconnect it
if anyone comes up with a cadence type set up or something that works much better i would consider upgrading mine
right now i either turn the electric off completely and just pedal or just use electric/no peddling

Vincent - I'm not sure what you're talking about the play and triangle on the rear tire. Can you show us a picture?

Back