CCS2 - Bike Rack and Fenders

xerxez

So, I ordered the CCS2. Maybe I got confused, as i thought it came with fenders and bike rack (not juices fault).

Now, it seems it doesn't. Can people post links to what fenders and racks have worked well for you (as I'll probably be buying some).

If CCS2 uses the same frame as CCX it's going to be "asymmetrical", the right side is about an inch more off center than the left to fit the torque sensor. The rack would have to be bent properly. Actually CCX rack on my bike is a joke it's all skewed to one side because Juiced just took a symmetrical rack and tried to fit that almost as-is. It's an ugly hack.

I have an original Cross Current. They didn’t come with a rack, fenders or lights. I use Blackburn Central 60mm wide fenders on mine with the mudguards removed (they were too noisy). They were kind of a pain to install (required 2-3 trips to the hardware store) but they work well and have withstood a lot abuse. I use an older MTX disc brake specific rack that is no longer in production. I think you want disc-brake compatible rack with adjustable “struts” to fit the CCS2 frame.

The asymmetry of the frame is only noticeable if you stand behind the bike and look at the rack position from that perspective. It doesn’t bother me personally and FWIW my rack fits fine as-is with not hacks/adjustments necessary to make it fit.

Last edited:
Regarding the rack, i found this: "The new Universal Rear Rack has been custom designed to fit all non-Fat Tire Juiced Bikes. Due to the location of the torque sensor some aftermarket racks designed to fit most bikes may not fit correctly." https://www.juicedbikes.com/collections/racks/products/juiced-bikes-universal-rear-rack

Regarding the fenders, I'm tempted to try these: Planet Bike Cascadia bike fenders - 26" x 60mm (black). From Amazon.

Last edited:
The rack just sits about 1/2” to the right of center towards the drive side when viewed from the back. So most disc-brake specific racks should work. Although I do think you want adjustable struts to get it to work on the newer CCS/CCX frames. The mount for the rack struts is placed higher up on the newer bikes.

You want 28/29/700C x 60mm fenders for the CCS2. The bike has 700C wheels (not 26”.) But yeah, Planet Bike Cascadia should work just fine too.

The problem with the rack is attaching the rear fender to it. The rack is skewed. It is off-center in the rear and centered on the frame in the front. When you attach the rear fender to the rack where the rear light is the fender is off-center with the wheel by almost an inch (can even rub on one side of the tire) and the fender is also twisted because the front of the fender is centered. It's very weird, not a good design IMO.

Why not attach the stays here? You can put them underneath the rack. That’s how a had to do it on one side of my CC (which has different frame mounts than the CCS2.)

Attachments

• F2DE5333-5C0A-49D2-AE1F-3B27AF32AB42.jpeg
    F2DE5333-5C0A-49D2-AE1F-3B27AF32AB42.jpeg
    351.3 KB · Views: 641
That's a fair question. The fenders appear to be designed to have brackets anchored near the center of the tire. That nut is not close to the center. It's not clear it'll work. Juiced does sell some V-braces, maybe they are meant to be off-center.

My fenders only have one bracket anchored here. Then there’s a bolt hole visible behind the bottom bracket if you take the rear wheel off. You bolt the fender down there.

Attachments

• 03481986-80BA-48CC-A146-1B91833B607A.jpeg
    03481986-80BA-48CC-A146-1B91833B607A.jpeg
    622.4 KB · Views: 555
My fenders only have one bracket anchored here. Then there’s a bolt hole visible behind the bottom bracket if you take the rear wheel off. You bolt the fender down there.

Just one screw for the rear fender. Does it rattle much?

Just one screw for the rear fender. Does it rattle much?

They’re actually supported it four spots - one screw, one bracket and a pair of fender stays. They don’t rattle but I removed the mudguards due to noise from them rubbing the tire over bumps. I’ve heard the Juiced Bike and Planet Bike fenders also make noise from the mudguards hitting the tire so I don’t think it’s a brand specific issue.

The rack just sits about 1/2” to the right of center towards the drive side when viewed from the back. So most disc-brake specific racks should work. Although I do think you want adjustable struts to get it to work on the newer CCS/CCX frames. The mount for the rack struts is placed higher up on the newer bikes.

You want 28/29/700C x 60mm fenders for the CCS2. The bike has 700C wheels (not 26”.) But yeah, Planet Bike Cascadia should work just fine too.

I have no idea where you found those. I tried. But, I didn't see them anywhere on AMZ. Maybe I rely too much on Amazon; its fender organization seems to be a sh-- show.

I decided to give up and bought 29 x 65mm..... and those don't fit.

I'll probably just buy from Juice at this point.

So, I ordered the CCS2. Maybe I got confused, as i thought it came with fenders and bike rack (not juices fault).

Now, it seems it doesn't. Can people post links to what fenders and racks have worked well for you (as I'll probably be buying some).

I know it's been a while but if you're still looking for a set of fenders and rack, I have a new set off my CCX for sale.

You will ride without fenders? Have you ridden in the rain?

I ordered fenders a while ago, i think they will arrive this week.

I rode once with melted snow, my back was filthy. I won't do that again.

Thank you for the offer.

I used these on my ebike

you have to custom bend the stays but all in all once I got them installed they work excellent! I ran zip ties from the rear stays to the rack sides and then I was able to adjust where it centers by tightening the appropriate strap. They come down nice and far so there is no spray when we encounter water. Also keeps splash away from the downtube which on ours has the controller inside.

You will ride without fenders? Have you ridden in the rain?

I ordered fenders a while ago, i think they will arrive this week.

I rode once with melted snow, my back was filthy. I won't do that again.

Thank you for the offer.

I've never ridden in the rain, I only use my bike for recreational riding with family on clear days.

Back