CCS owners - average speed?

Captain Slow

Got my bike last week and will use it primarily to commute to work. I'm curious as to what the average speed most CCS owners are seeing on their commutes/rides.

When I ride my Cervelo to work I generally average about 25-28 km/hr. for my commute. My commute is a touch under 18 km/hr. each way so the battery should have lots of capacity for a round trip given that I plan to peddle.

What's a realistic average speed to expect? Is it unreasonable to expect an average speed of say 35 - 38 km/hr.?

My route is generally flat, but I do have some hills. According to my bike computer I have about 110 metres of climbing on my route and that is basically two hills.

Anyhow would love to know the following if others are willing to share:
  1. Average speed on your commute
  2. Length of commute and terrain
  3. How long you've been riding your CCS and your experiences

I use my CCS for a 9 mile commute (14.5km) each way, with slightly less elevation gain as yours. The speed of the motor varies depending on how much juice is in the battery. If I don't top off the battery at work, the speed of the bike drops off about half way through my evening commute. On a full battery, I'll get 21mph/34kph (though I'll get 30mph on flat, wind-free stretches). I'd guess that it drops to about 50-60% of that when the battery hits about 30% capacity.

Back