Carrying golf clubs on an ebike

ebikemom

Of course, one can carry golf clubs using a trailer. But, we want to keep things simple, and the destination is a 9 hole course, so not so many clubs needed. My current thought is to zip-tie a metal cylindrical basket to the back wheel area, add a bit of padding, and use that to carry a few clubs, that would be bungied to the rack.

Thinking of using this little carrying contraption to gather the clubs together. Still brainstorming ... please share your ideas!

Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 2.00.56 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 2.02.20 PM.png

I'd probably go with some really large canvas roll-top panniers that would fit your bike. Then just distribute the golf clubs between the two panniers and tie them together to make an a-frame. You might also want to rig some additional straps to keep them from flopping backwards or forwards.

Now all you need is a small triangular day-glow orange flag on the top. :cool: Noticed that is on a step-through bike. There could be a bit of a problem if you had to swing your leg over the seat.

Of course, one can carry golf clubs using a trailer. But, we want to keep things simple, and the destination is a 9 hole course, so not so many clubs needed. My current thought is to zip-tie a metal cylindrical basket to the back wheel area, add a bit of padding, and use that to carry a few clubs, that would be bungied to the rack.

Thinking of using this little carrying contraption to gather the clubs together. Still brainstorming ... please share your ideas!

You could use the burley travoy trailer.

Here is an example:

https://blog.newwheel.net/post/132883149410/turn-your-e-bike-into-a-cargo-machine

https://goo.gl/images/ynj1h3

Check this out :

Why not modify a pull cart?
Interesting idea--it is a 9 mile ride to the golf course, including bumpy and uneven terrain (badly paved roads), so it would take some testing and a good attachment system. I think we'll go with strapping clubs to the Pedego for now, as that will be a carefree solution if it works well, and he doesn't need a lot of clubs for this activity.

Ebikemom,
If you go with the Burley Travoy for your clubs, they have a new attachment on each side to keep your load from sliding around and rubbing on a tire. Made a HUGE difference for my Travoy
when fetching vittles.

Interesting idea--it is a 9 mile ride to the golf course, including bumpy and uneven terrain (badly paved roads), so it would take some testing and a good attachment system. I think we'll go with strapping clubs to the Pedego for now, as that will be a carefree solution if it works well, and he doesn't need a lot of clubs for this activity.

Perhaps you could attached some 20" spokes bycicle wheels to the pull cart.

I did the zip-tying of the cylindrical basket! We'll see!
Perhaps now, a rigid shipping tube (such as to mail rolled up blueprints, protected) that would fit in the basket... cut to length so just the heads stick out -- then a bungee or two to keep that tube firmly pressed against the rack, higher up above the basket... (or for more permanence, perhaps some PVC plumbing pipe, cut to length, with a corresponding "cap" epoxied onto the bottom...)

Update: Got a small club carrier that velcros around the clubs. Put four clubs in the carrier, though looks like 5-6 clubs might fit. Added a plastic bag around the clubheads to prevent damage from stuff thrown up from the road. Strapped with bungies. Very secure. Here's a photo! We'll try this on a 9 mile ride to the golf course tomorrow!
Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 9.37.57 AM.png

Update: Got a small club carrier that velcros around the clubs. Put four clubs in the carrier, though looks like 5-6 clubs might fit. Added a plastic bag around the clubheads to prevent damage from stuff thrown up from the road. Strapped with bungies. Very secure. Here's a photo! We'll try this on a 9 mile ride to the golf course tomorrow!
View attachment 24321
Nicely done!
I thought maybe those tubes you use inside a golf bag might do, sitting in that basket. Then you could strap whatever number of them you want onto the frame. Club heads would have to be up though, but you could use the head covers.

Banderboy, some courses are already moving to "single-rider" options to speed up the game. And ebikes are better than all of them. Also, golf courses have allowed people to bring their own electric bag carts for many years. Several of our local courses allow us to use our ebikes. Others will have initial resistance just like there was when motorized golf carts were first introduced...which was an insult to "the way golf should be played with caddies". But it is inevitable with the rise of ebikes combined with the golf industry need to speed up the game. You can see more about this on www.DivnickGolf.com/ebikes. There is a whole section on golf course responses.

Back