Carrying a Como

I just picked up the Thule Easyfold XT2 for my Como 5.0.
The Thule Easyfold is a good solution. We carry both a large Vado 4.0 high step and a medium Vado 5.0 low step with no issues. No bar going over the fenders. Soft clamps attach to frame. No scratches (so far). EasyFold rack locks to vehicle, E-bikes lock to rack, without cables. Comes with a ramp to load the heavy e-bikes, but I’ve never used it.

Last edited:
I have a Hollywood Rack. Sport Rider for electric bikes. Straps for the wheels and clamps to the frame. Infinitely adjustable.

I have a trailer hitch. Wonder how folks transport their Como. I have a 2020 Como 5 low entry. Would love to hear what rack you might suggest? For my F-150 hitch. Many seem not big enough for 27” tires or no crossbar. Thanks from Moab.
We have two Como 2.0's and carry them using a 1Up tray system. Works great.

Attachments

• IMG_0327.JPEG
    IMG_0327.JPEG
    767.5 KB · Views: 392
I have the Kuat Transfer. I remove the battery from my Allant 7s to reduce the weight. I drive very carefully and it seems secure but I will upgrade to a different rack if my husband gets a bike too. I love my Kuat and my bike rides fine but i know I am at my upper limit.

We have a Thule Easyfold rack and overall very pleased with it until this week. We have been transporting both my husbands and my electric bike, each weighing around 56 and 52 lbs. We like the ramp which helps older person with weak sholders and uper body strength load the bike. The problem we encountered was my bike was furtherist from the car, I secured the wheels on the rack and had tighten the knob on the tube bar. However, the tightening knob did not get locked. As we drove on the interstate the vibrations - loosened the knob and the bike fell off the rack and drug on the payment. Luckly, the wheel straps held the bike to the rack so we avoided an accident. However it is unsure if my bike is reparable. So everyone, its a great rack just be sure you LOCK ALL the pieces in place. Yes, we would probably purchase the rack again, even though I am disapointed that the srew-knob viberated loose.

We have a Thule Easyfold rack and overall very pleased with it until this week. We have been transporting both my husbands and my electric bike, each weighing around 56 and 52 lbs. We like the ramp which helps older person with weak sholders and uper body strength load the bike. The problem we encountered was my bike was furtherist from the car, I secured the wheels on the rack and had tighten the knob on the tube bar. However, the tightening knob did not get locked. As we drove on the interstate the vibrations - loosened the knob and the bike fell off the rack and drug on the payment. Luckly, the wheel straps held the bike to the rack so we avoided an accident. However it is unsure if my bike is reparable. So everyone, its a great rack just be sure you LOCK ALL the pieces in place. Yes, we would probably purchase the rack again, even though I am disapointed that the srew-knob viberated loose.
I own the Thule Easyfold rack and transfer both my wife’s Turbo Vado 5.0 and my Turbo Vado 4.0 on it. Also have transported my Trek Super Commuter +7 and my wife’s Electra Townie Commute 8i on it, which are both heavier ebikes. I will heed your warning to lock the knobs once tightened. Hope your damaged ebike can be repaired.

Last edited:
We have a Thule Easyfold rack and overall very pleased with it until this week. ...
and had tighten the knob on the tube bar. However, the tightening knob did not get locked. As we drove on the interstate the vibrations - loosened the knob and the bike fell off the rack ...
I am disapointed that the srew-knob viberated loose.
:eek:
The Thule mounting clamps of my Velospace XT2 have a built-in torque limiter and you should turn them until 2x clicks can be heard.
The system is "bulletproof" if you do that. Autobahn-tested up to 165 km/h. ;)
Do you have those Thule clamps with that built-in torque limiter, and did you turn them until 2x clicks, according to the Thule operation manual?

Last edited:
Back