Cargo bike, suitable for occasional 10 year old use

Kelda McGurk

Hi,
We are researching which cargo bike to purchase. We will be using this for commuting, with my 70lb daughter on the back. Additionally, we would use it for running errands, and carrying groceries. We live in a very hilly area, and currently use a tandem attachment and panniers. The hope is that the extra boost will allow us to more often choose the bike over the car, as it helps us climb the hills more quickly (and less painfully). We recently rented a Juiced 500, which we loved. We used it for the above tasks, and my daughter was also able to use it to accompany me on longer rides, while I rode my non-electric touring bike. This was amazing to go riding, and have her be able to keep up with me, and actually enjoy the extra miles. Before we go ahead and purchase the Juiced, though, I would like to hear from people who have experience with other brands and models, as our local options are limited. We would be grateful for any recommendations and thoughts.
Thank you.

There was a long term review of the Juiced ODK U500 the other day on the Ebikes sub-Reddit. There's also a cargo bikes sub-Reddit you could ask this question on. There's a national Pedal Parents Facebook group. Also see if there is a local group to you, I've found the D.C. Family Biking Facebook group and the local Kidical Mass groups very friendly and helpful answering questions and offering test rides.

Last edited:
Hey Kelda,

I'd check out the Yuba Spicy Curry. They've upgraded to a Bosch motor this year and we've been loving it. They allow for some extra carrying room in the back as well in comparison to the Juiced Models. They other bike (trike, technically) you might want to consider is an IZIP E3 Go. But I think the Yuba would be more what you are looking for.

Back