Can't sleep!

Hello! I am so excited, I can't sleep. After a month long search I decided to go with the black Radrover. I ordered the bike Aug 12 and it will be here tomorrow Aug 18 via UPS. While researching bikes, I came across this forum. The people here are very knowledgeable and I feel fortunate to have found it. I am looking forward to sharing my experiences with you all and learning from yours. I will post the condition of my bike when it arrives, as of 7:05 pm today it only switched trucks 2 times after leaving Everett, WA. Once in Portland OR and now in Hodgkins, IL. It will probably come straight to me here in Milwaukee from there. Can't wait to see my baby!!!
Cheers!

It sounds like you have the same feeling you would have had as a kid the night before Christmas
Enjoy your new baby and let us know more once you have opened the box

Last edited:
Hello! I am so excited, I can't sleep. After a month long search I decided to go with the black Radrover. I ordered the bike Aug 12 and it will be here tomorrow Aug 18 via UPS. While researching bikes, I came across this forum. The people here are very knowledgeable and I feel fortunate to have found it. I am looking forward to sharing my experiences with you all and learning from yours. I will post the condition of my bike when it arrives, as of 7:05 pm today it only switched trucks 2 times after leaving Everett, WA. Once in Portland OR and now in Hodgkins, IL. It will probably come straight to me here in Milwaukee from there. Can't wait to see my baby!!!
Cheers!

Greetings from Madison. Ihope you are having a great time with your new bike!

3 days of riding part time and have put 62 miles on... LOVE it!

Glad that you have your bike, enjoy!
BTW, I'm waiting for delivery of my Pedego. I'm anxious to start riding. They thought that it would be closer to 2 weeks, but it was just 3. Maybe tomorrow :rolleyes:

Congrats ! Make sure you keep a log at first of tire pressures and mileage,my fatbike eats batteries at lower pressures.

Congrats ! Make sure you keep a log at first of tire pressures and mileage,my fatbike eats batteries at lower pressures.
I am running at 15 pds. I have been averaging 22 miles including dog trailer. The mileage does not seem to change, 22 miles today but only 1 bar left. It was ready to start blinking because I could only pull 485 W full throttle. I only ride on asphalt bike trails and they are pretty hilly. I always pedal but am powering most of the time. I am going to increase the pressure and see if I can't pull more miles out. I also have been keeping a log, with mileage and bars left afterward.
Cheers!

Still loving my newbie too. I had to get over a fear factor. Last fall I literally fell over 2x!, because my feet couldn't reach the ground when I came to a stop. And, I couldn't slide forward off the seat to get off fast enough. Embarrassing!! I was surprised at how scared I was, when I got on this new bike. 15 minutes was all it took.

Happy trails

bernie i run my rover at 25-30 psi when i am on pavement and it seems to ride fine to me like that
smooth, not harsh
i get 35-40 miles out of my battery but that is without dog trailer and a lot of that is low hills or flatter type ground

Just took a 10 mi leisurely ride with husband, around the area. Love this bike!
(A whole 10! Lollll)

bernie i run my rover at 25-30 psi when i am on pavement and it seems to ride fine to me like that
smooth, not harsh
i get 35-40 miles out of my battery but that is without dog trailer and a lot of that is low hills or flatter type ground

Hi Vincent,
I increased the pressure to 25 I like the feel on the road much better. It seems the stronger my legs get the more mileage I get also, lol. I try to see how far the bike can go on one charge and tend to pedal more than necessary. I have already rode 4, 5, and 6 miles with my dog on a woof leash hooked to the seat post. Doing this and using very little throttle with no pedal assist, and traveling at 5 to 6 mph (her trot speed) I have been coming home with a full charge. I want to go alone but every time I take the bike out she is right by my side, lol.

Just took a 10 mi leisurely ride with husband, around the area. Love this bike!
(A whole 10! Lollll)

Hey!
I ride with my best friend Robin (dog) I bought a novel 10 anniversary dog trailer but have only used it twice. She would rather run next to me and is a natural! I have posted some videos of our trips together if you want to take a look. I absolutely give this bike a 10! Our last trip was to Grant Park Beach and the thing just ate it up!

Good daaawgie!
I am having a good time with mine too. I haven't turned the pas off, but the vast majority of the time, I leave it on pas 1, and use gears 6 & 7.
Gearing down does fine, for the typical city hills. Gotta love that pas 2, though, when the more difficult hills start to pop up! With better conditioning I will have to turn the pas off!
My Interceptor has 7 gears, which I prefer. I never needed 21, it was more of a pain to be futzing with them anyway.
Now, I need to get a carrier or basket, for my min dachshund :)

My dox, Greta, is 16.5! She used to walk 4 mi with me, but now she deserves to be carried on the bike.

Totally Awesome!!! @Berniejockjr ! Do watch low tire pressure, look on the side of the tire for those minimum specs. If you go too low psi or below the recommended psi, then you risk damaging the sidewall or bead of the tire which clamps onto the rim. Folks come into my shop regularly with flats that are totally a result of under pressure--a preventable problem.

Good daaawgie!
I am having a good time with mine too. I haven't turned the pas off, but the vast majority of the time, I leave it on pas 1, and use gears 6 & 7.
Gearing down does fine, for the typical city hills. Gotta love that pas 2, though, when the more difficult hills start to pop up! With better conditioning I will have to turn the pas off!
My Interceptor has 7 gears, which I prefer. I never needed 21, it was more of a pain to be futzing with them anyway.
Now, I need to get a carrier or basket, for my min dachshund :)

My dox, Greta, is 16.5! She used to walk 4 mi with me, but now she deserves to be carried on the bike.

Absolutely deserves a ride:) 16.5? WOW! I hope robin is with me that long.

Back