Cannondale Topstone Gravel Ebike

• Thread starter Deleted member 18083
  • Start date
Richard, can you tell us about the carbon fibre mounting bar for Quad Lock, light, and so on. I actually have one but have no idea what it is called or even where I bought it (presumably online)!

Richard, can you tell us about the carbon fibre mounting bar for Quad Lock, light, and so on. I actually have one but have no idea what it is called or even where I bought it (presumably online)!
David, I bought it on ebay. Just a 20cm accessory mount that keeps the handlebar freed up for changing hand positions.

Items from left to right Bosch Nyon Controller, rechargeable horn (button to left of Nyon), 800 Lumen Headlight, Quadlock Phone Mount, Knog Bell. The 2 button pad to the right of the Nyon is the remote turn signal switch for the Lumos Ultra Helmet.

BIKE HANDLEBAR Extender Double Extension Carbon Fiber Mount Holder By KBROTECH

20210610_050539.jpg

20210610_050440.jpg

In July of last year I visited a bike shop that sells Cannondale while on an RVing trip. I had no intention of buying......just wanted to look.
They happen to have a Cannondale Lefty 3, but it was a large (I ride a medium). I took it for a ride anyways and I was sold. I ordered a medium when I got back from the test ride. 🥳
Beware the dangers of taking a test ride ... to your wallet.

As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I had a problem with my thumb and next two fingers on both hands going numb on longer rides. The odd thing was I didn't have anywhere the same amount of finger numbness with the drop bars on my carbon road bike.
I swapped out the drop bar for a touring styled flat bar and couldn't be happier. The only downside is the bars are considerably wider than the drop bar.
I also love the wider Specialized Pathfinder tires and carbon wheel combo. Even with the wider, heavier tire I dropped 800 grams.
As for a de-restrictor....someone I know will be getting one soon. ;)

zh7NMCH.jpg

As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I had a problem with my thumb and next two fingers on both hands going numb on longer rides. The odd thing was I didn't have anywhere the same amount of finger numbness with the drop bars on my carbon road bike.
I swapped out the drop bar for a touring styled flat bar and couldn't be happier. The only downside is the bars are considerably wider than the drop bar.
I also love the wider Specialized Pathfinder tires and carbon wheel combo. Even with the wider, heavier tire I dropped 800 grams.
As for a de-restrictor....someone I know will be getting one soon. ;)

zh7NMCH.jpg
Just a beautiful bike. Looks like even the statue wants to climb on for a quick ride.

Alaskan is right: I must not take a demo ride on the Topstone Neo!!

Uh oh, my new shop bike isn't going to help your willpower Stefan! Topstone Neo 5, upgraded to Kiox, XTR brake rotors, Racktime rear rack with integrated light, and Lezyne front light all hardwired in. Haven't swapped out wheels or gone tubeless...yet. Changed up the bar tape for a little "flair" and tossed the trusty e-mates on there!

Also apologies for the blurry pics, apparently I was using a potato instead of a camera.

Attachments

• IMG_20210620_161736546_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210620_161736546_HDR.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 219
  • IMG_20210620_161816213_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210620_161816213_HDR.jpg
    516.8 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_20210620_161745008_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210620_161745008_HDR.jpg
    501.9 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_20210620_161750757_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210620_161750757_HDR.jpg
    609 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_20210620_161807466_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210620_161807466_HDR.jpg
    604.4 KB · Views: 225
Installed my new Archer Electronic Shifter yesterday. I had some miner hiccups along the way, but eventually got them all sorted out.
So for so good, but I've only gone on one short ride.

9qZFORg.jpg

AME5Zb8.jpg

Installed my new Archer Electronic Shifter yesterday. I had some miner hiccups along the way, but eventually got them all sorted out.
So for so good, but I've only gone on one short ride.

9qZFORg.jpg

AME5Zb8.jpg

Interesting, I remember those coming out, never seen one in the wild as they don't make any sense to me. Why not just do it proper and go to Di2? With the new GRX group there's plenty of range for wild cassettes.

Interesting, I remember those coming out, never seen one in the wild as they don't make any sense to me. Why not just do it proper and go to Di2? With the new GRX group there's plenty of range for wild cassettes.
He changed over to a flat bar and an XT (mountain bike) groupset which is not compatible with the Di2. I think the Archer is the only wireless shifing system that works with directly the Shimano XT mountain bike cassette. I suspect one could use a wolftooth tanpan which adapts the XT derailleur to the GRX drop bar shifter and should also work with the Di2 drop bar shifter/brake lever. But that does not work on a flat handlebar.

If one opts for the Shimano Microspline12 speed cassette, that is compatible with the Sram GX Eagle XAS wireless derailleur but that does require a changeout to a microspline hub as well. Alternatively one could go all Sram 12 speed but that requires a new hub as well.

He changed over to a flat bar and an XT (mountain bike) groupset which is not compatible with the Di2. I think the Archer is the only wireless shifing system that works with directly the Shimano XT mountain bike cassette. I suspect one could use a wolftooth tanpan which adapts the XT derailleur to the GRX drop bar shifter and should also work with the Di2 drop bar shifter/brake lever. But that does not work on a flat handlebar.

If one opts for the Shimano Microspline12 speed cassette, that is compatible with the Sram GX Eagle XAS wireless derailleur but that does require a changeout to a microspline hub as well. Alternatively one could go all Sram 12 speed but that requires a new hub as well.

If he switched to a flat bar setup, Shimano makes several Di2 MTB groups, granted you'd have to get a new derailleur and he already has that setup, but still, the Di2 stuff works so well versus a servo actuated cable pull system.

I bet Cannondale makes a Sram Driver freehub for that rear wheel should one want to swap over to Sram stuff.

The reason why is cost. I don't know what the price of Di2 components is like in the US, but up here in Canada they're VERY expensive (like almost everything else, when compared to the US).

When I made the switch to a flat bar I went with a Deore XT shifter, brake levers, and derailleur. I thought about going Di2, but it was something like 3 or 4 times more money.
I thought I'd be okay with the XT Deore setup. I wasn't.
The Archer unit had been on my mind for a while, and when they had their 20% Father's Day sale I thought, "What the heck, I'll give it a try."

The reason why is cost. I don't know what the price of Di2 components is like in the US, but up here in Canada they're VERY expensive (like almost everything else, when compared to the US).

When I made the switch to a flat bar I went with a Deore XT shifter, brake levers, and derailleur. I thought about going Di2, but it was something like 3 or 4 times more money.
I thought I'd be okay with the XT Deore setup. I wasn't.
The Archer unit had been on my mind for a while, and when they had their 20% Father's Day sale I thought, "What the heck, I'll give it a try."
Makes total sense, Di2 here in the states isn't nearly as expensive, though more money is more money. Plus if that Archer thing sucks you can always throw the shifter pod back on!

Hi All, i wasn't able to find the answer by the search function, however do you know guys whether the battery for the Topstone Neo is a Bosch Powertube 500 horizontal or vertical? it seems there are 2 versions and i it is not fully clear on Cdale's website. Thanks!

Hi All, i wasn't able to find the answer by the search function, however do you know guys whether the battery for the Topstone Neo is a Bosch Powertube 500 horizontal or vertical? it seems there are 2 versions and i it is not fully clear on Cdale's website. Thanks!
Horizontal and you can use the 400 and 500 interchangeably too, the 625 however is physically bigger. Bear in mind you'll want to get the Cannondale battery cover that goes over the battery and has a bottle mount on it.

It is horizontal. I bought an extra one and a Cannondale matching cover and carry it in a Revelate - Tangle - Medium frame bag, when I need the extra range.

20210327_122253.jpg

Back