Can not recommend Himiway due to post-sale support and service

It can be a very long wait getting anything shipped out of China these days - just about anything. We've had containers delayed for months, mail can be very slow. I predict it will get worse before it gets better.
Buy from your local shops!

It can be a very long wait getting anything shipped out of China these days - just about anything. We've had containers delayed for months, mail can be very slow. I predict it will get worse before it gets better.
Buy from your local shops!
Delays are one thing, and the language issues was not a surprise, but the complete lack of reply to my emails from their "Ken" person is my biggest issue and my major concern going forward. A local bike repair shop has offered to assist me when/if the new rear motor ever arrives. Just felt that others considering a purchase should be aware of the poor performance of this manufacturer.

China importers don't exactly follow up the same way we do here in US. Figure he's on a flight mid-atlantic, quarantined for covid, or stuck in Shanghai. LOL Give it a few weeks, maybe you'll hear from them again.

Been there done this...not doing it anymore. 🤪

I order my himiway bikes the 30th of September. They told I would have it buy mid OCTOBER. THEY SENT ME A TEXT it was shipped. Few days later they sent me another email it wasn't shipped. Few more days later it will be shipped in 5 days. Another email after 5 days it wasn't shipped. Then they told me it wasn't going to be shipped buy OCTOBER 16 so I wanted to talk to a live person told me to call there number. I told them nobody answered the phone and they didn't answer my 3 messages I left.Sorry they said and that's it.so if you want one of there bikes good luck in getting one (still haven't got my bike)they also told me that if I canceled my order they would charge me am 8% Restocking fee even even though they didn't ship anything to restock.

Last edited:
I had two issues with my purchase of the Himiway Cruiser.

1. I was charged an International bank fee (Bank of America’s) of $40.47.I was unhappy that the website did not inform me that the bank transaction was handled by an off-shore bank and I might be charged a fee. Grace in service was quick to reply but never addressed my bank fee issue with any type of monetary compensation. She did ask me if I would review my Himiway Cruiser with other RVrs (I am a full time traveler) and that she would send me a hat.

2. The derailleur seems to need a tune up. I cannot shift from 2nd gear to 1st without the chain popping off either the back cog or the front crank sprocket OR at times the chain going to the top rear sprocket (1st gear) when the shifter is in 2nd gear. I had to work directly with the factory in China with a gentleman whom I don’t think understood my problem. After 23 emails, pictures, and numerous requests by me to have a local bike shop Fix the problem under Himiway’s warranty plan and Ken continuing to send me the same two videos saying one of them should address my “simple fix”, I gave up.

I’ve decided that I am going to pay out of my own pocket to have a bike shop tune the shifting system so that I can hopefully ride my new bike. After 4 hours of trying to adjust things and probably 6 hours or more of internet research, I suspect there might be other issues with a component or some type of damage during shipment.

In my experience 1) Himiway’s 2-year warranty is of absolutely no use to me based on how this warranty issue was handled, 2) Himiway does not seem committed to having a happy customer’s experience no matter the issue (all my correspondences were respectful) and 3) a US customer should NOT have to communicate directly with a person at the Chinese factory about a technical issue when that person in China does not appear (in my opinion) to have good command of the English language. I don’t believe Ken ever really understood my problem based on his responses to my emails.

I will add a post when I get the bike on the road along with my out of pocket expenses.

I debated on two companies to do business with. I should have gone with the Rad Rover.
I agree. We received a bike with NO accessory box. Getting NO help and NO response after 4 weeks. Our $1,500 e bike is useless.

I had two issues with my purchase of the Himiway Cruiser.

1. I was charged an International bank fee (Bank of America’s) of $40.47.I was unhappy that the website did not inform me that the bank transaction was handled by an off-shore bank and I might be charged a fee. Grace in service was quick to reply but never addressed my bank fee issue with any type of monetary compensation. She did ask me if I would review my Himiway Cruiser with other RVrs (I am a full time traveler) and that she would send me a hat.

2. The derailleur seems to need a tune up. I cannot shift from 2nd gear to 1st without the chain popping off either the back cog or the front crank sprocket OR at times the chain going to the top rear sprocket (1st gear) when the shifter is in 2nd gear. I had to work directly with the factory in China with a gentleman whom I don’t think understood my problem. After 23 emails, pictures, and numerous requests by me to have a local bike shop Fix the problem under Himiway’s warranty plan and Ken continuing to send me the same two videos saying one of them should address my “simple fix”, I gave up.

I’ve decided that I am going to pay out of my own pocket to have a bike shop tune the shifting system so that I can hopefully ride my new bike. After 4 hours of trying to adjust things and probably 6 hours or more of internet research, I suspect there might be other issues with a component or some type of damage during shipment.

In my experience 1) Himiway’s 2-year warranty is of absolutely no use to me based on how this warranty issue was handled, 2) Himiway does not seem committed to having a happy customer’s experience no matter the issue (all my correspondences were respectful) and 3) a US customer should NOT have to communicate directly with a person at the Chinese factory about a technical issue when that person in China does not appear (in my opinion) to have good command of the English language. I don’t believe Ken ever really understood my problem based on his responses to my emails.

I will add a post when I get the bike on the road along with my out of pocket expenses.

I debated on two companies to do business with. I should have gone with the Rad Rover.
Thanks for sharing your experience.
1. We will not charge an extra fee from customers. Our transactions are not conducted through the US banks, so customers do not need to pay sales tax. But the transactions are cross-border payments, so some card issuers will charge this fee. So you could contact your credit card company and have an ask.
2. Really sorry for this trouble. We will check each bike before we send them out. The derailleur may be damaged in the shipping. Did you solve your problem now? Normally, we will communicate the bike issues via email. We will suggest you going to a nearby bike shop to repair it if we can not solve the problem via email.
We are trying to improve our customer service, and we now have a phone call service. If you still have some issues with your bike, please feel free to contact us!
Hope you could enjoy our bike :)

Delays are one thing, and the language issues was not a surprise, but the complete lack of reply to my emails from their "Ken" person is my biggest issue and my major concern going forward. A local bike repair shop has offered to assist me when/if the new rear motor ever arrives. Just felt that others considering a purchase should be aware of the poor performance of this manufacturer.
I wanted to update my previous posts regarding Service from Himiway. They sent a new rear wheel assembly with motor and told me to get a local bike shop to install it and they would pay the bill. After the installation I have had nearly 100 miles of great performance from the bike; the bill was promptly credited to me, and their Service Dept. followed up by email to make sure things were okay. A rather dramatic improvement by them, and I wanted others to know. Perhaps the international COVID situation played a role in the previous delays, but whatever the case, I am a happy Owner. 😎

I purchased two bikes in mid-October for my 70th birthday. My cruiser came last month and my wife's step-through showed up a few days ago. So far we are happy with the bikes, but I agree that their Customer Service leaves a lot to be desired.

The kickstand on one of the bikes is missing the hardware that holds the bottom part to the top and allows it to be adjusted, so the bottom just falls off and the kickstand is unusable. I contacted Customer Service and was told that they could send me the missing parts but that I would have to pay $8 shipping to receive the parts that they didn't include. After paying $2,700 for two bikes, I find it insane that they want me to pay for their problem vs having a happy customer. What I'm missing doesn't seem to be more than a bolt and a nut.

As far the the bikes themselves, we've only ridden them for a short time but we've both enjoyed them. Fortunately I found how to change the assist speed settings - the defaults are a bit high for older riders who haven't been on a bike for a while.

The assembly instructions are somewhat lacking, but we figured things out. My bike slips between gears on some of the higher gears, but I assume that is just a derailleur adjustment. It would be nice if they included better instructions or had more information on their website.

When I purchased them, they seemed to be the best option within our budget - although I would have preferred to purchase locally. Unless Himiway improves their support, I would suggest you be wary. I just hope they will honor their warranty if we have any major problems.

I purchased two bikes in mid-October for my 70th birthday. My cruiser came last month and my wife's step-through showed up a few days ago. So far we are happy with the bikes, but I agree that their Customer Service leaves a lot to be desired.

The kickstand on one of the bikes is missing the hardware that holds the bottom part to the top and allows it to be adjusted, so the bottom just falls off and the kickstand is unusable. I contacted Customer Service and was told that they could send me the missing parts but that I would have to pay $8 shipping to receive the parts that they didn't include. After paying $2,700 for two bikes, I find it insane that they want me to pay for their problem vs having a happy customer. What I'm missing doesn't seem to be more than a bolt and a nut.

As far the the bikes themselves, we've only ridden them for a short time but we've both enjoyed them. Fortunately I found how to change the assist speed settings - the defaults are a bit high for older riders who haven't been on a bike for a while.

The assembly instructions are somewhat lacking, but we figured things out. My bike slips between gears on some of the higher gears, but I assume that is just a derailleur adjustment. It would be nice if they included better instructions or had more information on their website.

When I purchased them, they seemed to be the best option within our budget - although I would have preferred to purchase locally. Unless Himiway improves their support, I would suggest you be wary. I just hope they will honor their warranty if we have any major problems.
I agree with you 100%. I imagine the warranty is useless. I was appalled by their email responses and having to wait 40 + days to get the parts we were missing just to assemble the bikes.

It took our credit card company to step in and threaten them with returning our money. Still........40 + days just for the parts to assemble them and NO APOLOGY or offer to redeem themselves (like a free battery or something).

As for the kickstand, you can get a good one on Amazon for $15. I was able to find the part that fell off and use a pop rivet gun to improve on their design. See photo.

Attachments

• DSC04013.JPG
    DSC04013.JPG
    744.2 KB · Views: 361
I agree with you 100%. I imagine the warranty is useless. I was appalled by their email responses and having to wait 40 + days to get the parts we were missing just to assemble the bikes.

It took our credit card company to step in and threaten them with returning our money. Still........40 + days just for the parts to assemble them and NO APOLOGY or offer to redeem themselves (like a free battery or something).

As for the kickstand, you can get a good one on Amazon for $15. I was able to find the part that fell off and use a pop rivet gun to improve on their design. See photo.
That pop rivet suggestion looks like a nice alternative - great idea!

I just received an email out of the blue from Himiway saying that they were going to ship the missing part. I hope that is a sign that they taking steps to improve their customer service. We are enjoying the bikes and so far they have otherwise been problem free.

We bought the Meachow ME-005LS left-side mirrors from Amazon and found them to be a useful addition.

Back