Can not connect the Bosch Nyon to Wi-Fi after the latest update

Azu

Hello! Greetings from Zurich.

On 01.08.2017 I successfully downloaded the latest upgrade on my Bosch Nyon onboard computer used with the Bosch Performance motor, the Nyon automatically rebooted after the download. It started and displayed the message "New maps available".... unfortunately the maps cannot be downloaded as the Nyon does not connect to WIFI any longer, after the update. The Wi-Fi switch on the Nyon is turned off and it can not be turned on again. It does connect to Bluetooth. I have connected the Nyon to a USB for power I have rebooted several times but it does not connect to WIFI.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Hello! Greetings from Zurich.

On 01.08.2017 I successfully downloaded the latest upgrade on my Bosch Nyon onboard computer used with the Bosch Performance motor, the Nyon automatically rebooted after the download. It started and displayed the message "New maps available".... unfortunately the maps cannot be downloaded as the Nyon does not connect to WIFI any longer, after the update. The Wi-Fi switch on the Nyon is turned off and it can not be turned on again. It does connect to Bluetooth. I have connected the Nyon to a USB for power I have rebooted several times but it does not connect to WIFI.

Any ideas how to fix this?

FYI: Finally I took the Nyon to the shop where I bought my bike.
After a diagnosis and an unsuccessful update the bike mechanic sent the onboard computer to Bosch for repair.

I am experiencing the exact same issues.
I hope that it is not necessary to have the display sent to bosch for repairs.

Have you heard anything from them?

Hi Linnau,

In the case of my Nyon there was no choice but to have shop send it to Bosch.
At the shop I was told it should take about a week to get it repaired.
FYI: Route setting does not function on the computer or by cell phone.

Hi Azu,
I have exactly the same problem. I cannot atcivate wifi then map download into nyon is not possible. I use mobile app eBikeConnect to manage Nyon via bt - this is only a possible way.
Did you get repaired nyon from shop? Do you have any info about "wifi" solution? Thanks for the answ.

Hi Azu,
I have exactly the same problem. I cannot atcivate wifi then map download into nyon is not possible. I use mobile app eBikeConnect to manage Nyon via bt - this is only a possible way.
Did you get repaired nyon from shop? Do you have any info about "wifi" solution? Thanks for the answ.

Hi Billy,
I’m surprised that this issue occurred to your Nyon now as the bug was released with the last update, Aug. 1.
Yes the bike shop had to send it to Bosch and I received it about a week later.
It works perfectly ever since.
Hope this helps

I wonder what the rest of us Nyon owners are to do? Update - which clearly still breaks the wifi - and send back to Bosch, or just do nothing?

Azu, what was the full and exact firmware level of your fixed Nyon? I think the update Bosch is pushing is 2.6.0.0.

I wonder what the rest of us Nyon owners are to do? Update - which clearly still breaks the wifi - and send back to Bosch, or just do nothing?

Azu, what was the full and exact firmware level of your fixed Nyon? I think the update Bosch is pushing is 2.6.0.0.
In my case there was nothing to do but send it to Bosch.
The guys at the shop tried to fix the issue with the diagnosis software that apparently on dealers have, it didn’t work.
Looking at the information on the Nyon, the is SW ver. 1.6.0.2
Here’s the Release notes:

07/2017: Release Notes for Nyon software version 1.6.0.2 (Nyon part number xxxx xxx 907) and 2.6.0.2 (Nyon part number xxxx xxx 915). The part number is shown on the back of your device (10 digits).
Preliminary remark:
To ensure that you always have access to the latest features and improvements, we recommend that you update your Nyon on-board computer to the latest software version. For information on how to update the software on your device, please refer to our FAQs: https://www.ebike-connect.com/en/faq.html#G_09_01_EN. You can find your Nyon's current software version on the Dashboard.

Improvements:
  • Maps: An update for the maps (status March 2017) is immediately available to download. The map update also includes the eBike Connect smartphone app and the ebike-connect.com online portal.
  • Moving the map view: The map can be moved directly using the joystick. This provides a better overview of the surrounds and the route.
  • Map view in the direction of travel: The orientation of the 2D map view can be determined in the settings - northerly direction or direction of travel.
  • eMTB mode: The new riding mode for the Performance Line CX replaces the previous Sport mode and switches between the Tour and Turbo riding modes.
  • Energy consumption display: Energy consumption over the last few kilometres covered can be displayed within the user-defined screens.
  • DualBattery: The charging states of the PowerPacks are displayed separately in the settings.
  • Altitude profile display: The altitude profile or the map is displayed in navigation mode.
  • New keypad layout: The new keypad layout (typewriter) ensures that destinations can be entered easily and conveniently.
  • eShift: Support for Shimano and Rohloff integrated electronic gear shifting.
  • System information: The screen has been revised and extended to include further details on the individual components.
  • SMS: An error when displaying SMS messages has been fixed.

Hi Billy,
I’m surprised that this issue occurred to your Nyon now as the bug was released with the last update, Aug. 1.
Yes the bike shop had to send it to Bosch and I received it about a week later.
It works perfectly ever since.
Hope this helps
Hi Azu, thank you for the answer, I checked HW an SW version of my Nyon. the result is Nyon software version (FE,BE) 1.6.0.2 (Nyon part number 1270020907). At the moment I have no map in Nyon and I have to use Nyon with Iphone/Bosch ebike-connect app via BT . It seems that also I have to bring my Nyon to ebike shop fo the repair :( :( :(. Or can anybody of you friends help me with DIY solution ??? Thanks for reply.
I don't understand how Bosch can release SW upgrade of Nyon that will block it's internal wifi part. In case of such big error they would quickly correct it and release next sw upgrade with the correction and not let their many customers without information and they have to search the info on internet forums like this.

Hi Billy,

I understand your frustration but forget the DIY idea, take the Nyon to the bike shop where you purchased the e-bike.
In my opinion, Bosch really botched that update.
I don’t think they’re keen to communicate to their customers directly. Days after I took my Nyon to the shop Bosch had informed their dealers.
I believe a patch would not have worked as one could not download it without WiFi :(

Hi Billy,

I understand your frustration but forget the DIY idea, take the Nyon to the bike shop where you purchased the e-bike.
In my opinion, Bosch really botched that update.
I don’t think they’re keen to communicate to their customers directly. Days after I took my Nyon to the shop Bosch had informed their dealers.
I believe a patch would not have worked as one could not download it without WiFi :(

Hi Azu,
thank you for the answer. You are right. Without wifi sw upgrade is not possible. I gona take Nyon to shop (100km far away).

Hi everyone, Inthink I have the same probleem (my english is not my first langues. I am from the Netherlands. I cannot connect my Bosch Nyon computer witte my IPhone. It went wel from mai until december. The shop has sent the board-computer to the factory. They say "no problem, is is your IPhone". But on the IPhone of my husband is is the same problem. The shop Ans the factory says the problem is your phone en I think it is not, because it does not wordt on 2 phones. Who knows a answer?

Hi Jacqueline
I believe this is an entirely different issue and suggest that you open a new thread for this.
Have you tried to remove the app and reinstall it and try to connect again?
I can’t remember how the Bluetooth goes and I can’t try it right now as I am abroad but does the onboard computer appear under settings, Bluetooth on your iPhone?

Back