Cadence sensor toggle switch

I have a RadCity that as far as I can tell, has regenerative braking, charges the battery while costing and going down hills without pedaling. The problem is that there is no way to charge the battery while pedaling. I think that all I need to do is add a switch to the cadence sensor. With cadence sensor off, I could pedal on level ground (more exercise) and pedal down hills, charging the battery while doing so. The problem I have now is that on long trips, without a lot of down hill, the battery dies after 20 to 30 miles of pedaling and then as long as I keep pedaling, the battery never charges. On long trips, I'd love to keep the cadence sensor on anytime the battery is full and off the rest of the time except when climbing hills (even with gradual slops) or accelerating after a stop light (for example). Has anyone done this? I was thinking about using a really nice head light switch but would that have too much resistance for the weak signal generated by the magnets passing the sensor? Before I strip the sensor cable, are there just two wires in there? Is it a passive sensor? Or does power go to the sensor?

I have a RadCity that as far as I can tell, has regenerative braking, charges the battery while costing and going down hills without pedaling. The problem is that there is no way to charge the battery while pedaling. I think that all I need to do is add a switch to the cadence sensor. With cadence sensor off, I could pedal on level ground (more exercise) and pedal down hills, charging the battery while doing so. The problem I have now is that on long trips, without a lot of down hill, the battery dies after 20 to 30 miles of pedaling and then as long as I keep pedaling, the battery never charges. On long trips, I'd love to keep the cadence sensor on anytime the battery is full and off the rest of the time except when climbing hills (even with gradual slops) or accelerating after a stop light (for example). Has anyone done this? I was thinking about using a really nice head light switch but would that have too much resistance for the weak signal generated by the magnets passing the sensor? Before I strip the sensor cable, are there just two wires in there? Is it a passive sensor? Or does power go to the sensor?
Never mind, boots up at level 1, just noticed can down arrow to level 0, which effectively accomplishes what I was attempting to accomplish.

seems like a lot of work for little gain, i think the return is 10% or less which would mean you will pedal 10 miles to put enough back to get one mile of boost at best. this is why in part i chose the rover with its geared motor that free wheels and allows me to coast farther and probably effectively gives me the same 10% with less work considering farther coast distances. imo probably the best option to increase range is a second battery. yes more cost for sure but if your really needing the added range then the option of peddling more or more assist capacity are the only real effective choices.

Back