Cadence question.... A "skip" when pedaling on my left foot?

sc00ter

Region
USA
City
Norfolk, VA
So I have a Lectric ONE and when I get into the highest gear I find myself "skipping" a bit on my left foot at roughly the 10-11 o'clock position. A clunk-like small skip. It feels like a loose crank arm but I don't think its the bike, it seems to be me. I don't have this issue on the Xpedition (or my other 2 analog bikes) and the ergonomics are almost matched between both Lectric ebikes. It is really confusing why its only my left leg doing this. At first I was thinking I was at the start of a ghost pedal, but no. I still haven't unlocked the ONE and the cadence is very comfortable in the highest gear. I wonder if its something in the Pinion assembly but I don't feel ANY slop in the drive line. This weird skip sensation only rears in my left leg/foot in the highest gear. Any ideas welcome!

It could be the pedal that is giving this sensation. Sometimes the pedal will loosen, or accumulate dirt and debris, and you’ll be able to “pull” the pedal away from the crank arm. Happened to me and there is a “knock” when I pull the pedal. This happens at the height of pedal rotation. Both of my pedals do it and I’m researching rebuilding the pedal. Seems like I may have to clean the bearings and repack them.

At first, I thought the bottom bracket was the cause of this behavior, but it’s the pedal itself. This is especially obvious when pedaling at a high gear. Seems to be the more pressure I exert to the pedal, the more I can hear/feel it.

Pedals are brand new. I also checked everything suspecting something was loose. Pedals, check! Crank arms, check! No noticeable play in cranks/bottom bracket area, check! I'm gonna have a few friends ride it and see if they get the same results.

I've had problems with torque sensing PAS. Due to right knee pain I put less force on that leg. I've learned to make the stronger left leg pedal at right leg force. Seemed to help. As you have cadence PAS maybe your rotational speed briefly differs because one leg isn't peadling as well.
Other than that, I don't know.

I'm gonna log a few miles on it tomorrow and see what happens. I have 2 friends who want to ride it and I'll see if they get any weird pedal results.

Back