C961 Display problem

romo5000

Region
USA
Recently purchased a used Big Cat Long Beach Cruiser with a bad battery. Bought new battery and installed; and bike runs great. The C961 display works; but gives bogus speed display. Going at full speed (22mph clocked) the display reads 1.6 mph. That 1 point 6 mph. The trip meter also is incorrect. Display is set for mph; and the tire size setting is correct. No error codes show. It has a hub motor; and no speed sensor that I can see; other than the cadence sensor on the crank. Any ideas?

See this page for C961 display configuration for your bike:

If tire size is indeed correct, but MPH and trip odo are wrong by the same amounts, then there's likely something wrong with a wheel sensor. Hub motored bikes don't normally have external wheel magnets, so not much you can do. Have you tried contacting Big Cat?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Big Cat isn't much help. They wouldn't even send me a wiring diagram for the bike. Said they didn't have one. Couldn't supply me with chain guard either. If the issue is in the motor; I'll just live with it. It's an older bike I got cheap due to the dead battery.

Back