Buying first E-Bike and wanted some opinions or facts about 2023 Freesky Rocky 3?

E-bikewolf

Region
USA
I've been shopping online for 3 weeks & after research etc. No local shops carry it so no test rides. It's not on any lists, good or bad. If anyone can tell me opinions and/or facts about it. Also if anyone knows of bikes that may be equally or better equipped in the $1200 range. Thank You.

Bike looks fine for 1200 bucks, who knows how good the companies customer support is.
One thing to note is unlike most other Freesky bikes the Rocky3 does not have a Bafang motor if that matters to you.

Bike looks fine for 1200 bucks, who knows how good the companies customer support is.
One thing to note is unlike most other Freesky bikes the Rocky3 does not have a Bafang motor if that matters to you.
Thank you, while I'm not sure about customer service it seems ok but I'll need to look at it a little more. I don't know why it doesn't have the Bafang but it's not a deal breaker. I'm in no rush because I'm waiting for year end bonus but I do want to be educated as much as possible.

Thank you, while I'm not sure about customer service it seems ok but I'll need to look at it a little more. I don't know why it doesn't have the Bafang but it's not a deal breaker. I'm in no rush because I'm waiting for year end bonus but I do want to be educated as much as possible.
Now that i look at it im thinking maybe they didnt use Bafang because of the Mag rims, still it does not look like a bad bike for the money.

Now that i look at it im thinking maybe they didnt use Bafang because of the Mag rims, still it does not look like a bad bike for the money.
Why wouldn't they use Bafang due to Mags? I have seen them used together on different bikes. Although it seems like they're only together on newer bikes.

It is a 20" fat bike with a hub-drive and proprietary battery, most likely controller too. It has a screw on freewheel and is heavy. You can cut the outgassing plastic tires with your thumb nail. It has a pogo fork and molded wheels. It has a thick snake of wires and connectors to the bar. It has lag, surge, lurch and can be ghost ridden. It should come with a paper bag.
1695242509089.jpeg

1695242007883.png

Any suggestions
I recommend that you go to three local shops that service what they sell, ask questions and ride bikes. It is an intimate object, more like buying something such as a violin, or pet, not an appliance. Feel is more important than data. Is the bike shop on google maps with local reviews? If an internet only bike develops problems who will help you in your own town? That is one key factor to nail down before hitting buy.

Back