Bulls Lacuba E8 vs Bulls Lacuba E45

TruTru9

Rider Height: 5'4
In-seam: 30 inches
Rider weightt: 168lbs

Bulls Lacuba E8 step-through vs Bulls Lacuba E45 Step-through.

E8 has the belt drive. internal hub. 20mph. Smallest Size : 45cm/17.72in. 250 watts. $3,899
E45 has Deore XT. 28mph. Smallest Size: 47.98 cm / 18.89 in. 350 watts. $4,299

Concerns:- Maintenance.
Rider is not a super experienced bike rider. The bike will be used as a daily commuter. 14 miles round trip every day and the occasional grocery shopping. Rider prefers to have a bike that doesn't look like an e-bike and the LacuBRA just looks like it fits the bill. E8 is winning slightly because of the 'low maintenance' but LBS has told me that such concerns are not valid and that I wouldn't have any issues with the Deore XT for years to come.

Any thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Recommendations?

My advice is go with the E8. Belt drive/Internal hub is a good call for the PNWet. Get some full coverage fenders too.

28mph e bikes technically aren't legal to operate in the PNW as there are no class 3 laws in effect here so 20mph should be fine for your commute and shopping trips especially if you can use MUP's as much as possible. Plus it saves $400!

It doesn't quite meet your criteria of not looking like an ebike but the battery does blend pretty well: I've got my eyes and am considering (as a 2nd commuter) the Bulls Cross Lite E. Bosch system, class 1 and carries some pretty nice specs according to Court's recent review. My preference is the high step although there is a low step (Court's review) and the wave:

Bulls-CROSS_LITE_E-Standard-electric-bike-900x568.png

Rider Height: 5'4
In-seam: 30 inches
Rider weightt: 168lbs

Bulls Lacuba E8 step-through vs Bulls Lacuba E45 Step-through.

E8 has the belt drive. internal hub. 20mph. Smallest Size : 45cm/17.72in. 250 watts. $3,899
E45 has Deore XT. 28mph. Smallest Size: 47.98 cm / 18.89 in. 350 watts. $4,299

Concerns:- Maintenance.
Rider is not a super experienced bike rider. The bike will be used as a daily commuter. 14 miles round trip every day and the occasional grocery shopping. Rider prefers to have a bike that doesn't look like an e-bike and the LacuBRA just looks like it fits the bill. E8 is winning slightly because of the 'low maintenance' but LBS has told me that such concerns are not valid and that I wouldn't have any issues with the Deore XT for years to come.

Any thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Recommendations?
I bought the Lacuba E8 for myself and the wave version for my wife. Couldn't be happier with the decision. The photo in this post must be an older picture, as the battery is more integrated. I wanted to stay Class1 and prefer the internal hub. With the Brose motor, I find it unnecessary to have more than 8 gears anyway. What is noticeable about shifting is you don't need to be pedaling for a chain to move onto the next sprocket. With the internal hub, I stop pedaling, shift and resume pedaling. This works nicely when you are traversing streets, as you can go from 8 to 1 with no proble.

Back