Bulls Iconic Evo TR1 SPEED 2021 review

Ebiker, you simply lack experience and it is not an informed opinion.

Stefan, you'r making a wrong judgement. If you believe you did not, then you and other members , including me would have not extensively wrote about our experiences with our ebikes , thus enabling people who don't own that product to get an informed opinion w/o the experience of owning that item !

Is not as simple as pointing fingers and reaching a conclusion like that.

Ex: I may buy the new Macbook pro based on a few people's reviews who do not OWN that product nor have the experience. But they had tested it and provide feedback about all of it's functions/ postives/negatives and i can make an informed decision*

Again the negatives with Bosch based on my "lack" of exp. :

- no real 28mph speeds
- no app to control individual settings for each level
- only 2 year warranty
- necessity to open and service the motor regularly
- cumbersome integration of the display/remote/lights
- no fast charging avlb. over 4amps in Us / can't use it with the Grin Satiator. In Eu they have the Bosch 6ah avlb.
- no speed delimit allowed !!

* excluding Amazon fake reviews 😉

Sigh. Maybe a new owner's thread isn't the best place to list all your perceived shortcomings of Bosch's system...

@hkat I think you'll really enjoy your choice in bikes.

I may buy the new Macbook pro based on a few people's reviews who do not OWN that product nor have the experience.
I have never owned (or even tried) an Apple product, and even if I heard many negative opinions, I cannot deny a big part of the world uses them. Same with Bosch e-bike motors.

Sigh. Maybe a new owner's thread isn't the best place to list all your perceived shortcomings of Bosch's system...

Amen.

I agree, i had to let Stefan know why i have those opinions.

To the Bulls owner, enjoy the awesome stallion, and whether this ebike does 26 or 28mph that's for each buyer to decide what they want...

I take back anything bad I said about the store. I went to them today and told them I think the size I purchased was 1 smaller for me and they were willing to exchange it to the next size up for $200 which was more than fair since I had already put about 120 miles on that bike. Awesome! I can totally feel the difference in sizing when riding even though its just an inch or two bigger everywhere.

This is exactly why I like purchasing this sort of stuff from stores rather than online! :)

Smart move on frame. The extra weight of these bikes is balanced by a larger geometry.

What tire came with new size?

Just got Bulls today. It’s Big and Bad at 54 cm, but rode crazy good and very fast. I’ll setup a thread on my impressions in a week or so.

Well it’s 5500, but yes, I believe there is huge value in this bike.

Is the one below not the same for 4500?

Is the one below not the same for 4500?

Thats the Gen2 non-speed version from 2019 I believe. Gen2 motor instead of Gen 4. This is the link you are looking for for the new gen4 bike

Last edited:
Is it worth the xtra grand for the Gen 4?

I personally think there is a huge difference between the Bosch Gen 2 and Gen 4 motors and more than worth the $1K difference in price. The new one is also Class 3 vs Class 1 for the 2019 version. I'd suggest looking at EBR's old videos talking about the Gen4 updates when they happened a year ago to understand the differences.

Reactions: Law
I personally think there is a huge difference between the Bosch Gen 2 and Gen 4 motors and more than worth the $1K difference in price. The new one is also Class 3 vs Class 1 for the 2019 version. I'd suggest looking at EBR's old videos talking about the Gen4 updates when they happened a year ago to understand the differences.

Will do. When a deal seems to good to be true there's usually a catch...

I take it back the 2019 version is class 3 as well but with the Gen2 motor and smaller power tube 500 Wh vs 625Wh on the newer one.

Here is Courts old review on that version

Lots of biking around the city this long weekend. Can't wait to take it on the ferry and up to Napa and the east bay 😄

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 11.22.32 AM.png

I take back anything bad I said about the store. I went to them today and told them I think the size I purchased was 1 smaller for me and they were willing to exchange it to the next size up for $200 which was more than fair since I had already put about 120 miles on that bike. Awesome! I can totally feel the difference in sizing when riding even though its just an inch or two bigger everywhere.

This is exactly why I like purchasing this sort of stuff from stores rather than online! :)

Thank you, hkat, for that awesome review. Lots of great details and really useful.

I'm also in San Francisco and am looking to get a full suspension commuter/adventure bike. Like you, I've been tempted by the Delite, but this bike sounds like it would get me 90% of the way there for a fraction of the price.

I'm assuming you bought your bike at Bike Connection? One of the things that has given me pause is that I'm new to ebikes so having the support of a good LBS is very important to me. The New Wheel seems to get very high marks on Yelp. And I'm going for my first test rides there next week. (If the atmosphere is breathable, of course.) The reviews for BC are more... mixed. But The New Wheel doesn't carry Bulls.

If you don't mind me asking, were you ever able to get your firmware updated? Are there particular people at that shop I should ask for who are more familiar with ebikes and Bulls?

Also, how does the weight feel to you now? One other bike I'm looking at is the Specialized Vado SL 5.0. It's doesn't have full suspension and it has a lot less torque for our hills, but I live in a third floor apartment with no elevator, so having to heft 35 lbs. every day obviously feels less daunting than 60 lbs. Do you still miss not getting a nimbler bike?

Thank you again, hkat. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your adventures with this bike. :)

Don’t get this bike or the delite if you want to carry it 3 flights of stairs everyday or else you’ll hate your life. The Vado SL is a much better choice for that situation. And of course Specialized is a Bay Area company so you can find support for it anywhere not just the new wheel.

they were able to update the software in the end 😀 and you don’t really need a bulls expert there so long as you know the exact bike you want they can help you. For all the Bosch tech this forum is probably a better place to ask questions But of course the BC is fine for any pure bicycle related stuff that’s not Bosch related. The bike is still fun but it hasn’t become any more nimble. I have no problem taking it over any potholes on the SF streets so in that regard the full suspension is great but the Vado SL is a pretty cool bike and with a suspension seatpost and the future shock might suit your needs better

Last edited:
Back