Brose S Magnesium - has won the prestigious Design and Innovation Award

Ravi Kempaiah

Region
Canada
City
Halifax
The coveted Design and Innovation award goes to Brose S Mag drive.

"The 2019 e-bike market will above all be dominated by models equipped with smaller and lighter mid-motors."

https://www.bike-eu.com/sales-trend...ng-bold-steps-in-e-bike-development-10135359?

There are several eMTBs with Brose S Mag drive. Brose is really the super fluid drive system out there. They also allow manufacturers to spec different size/shape batteries lending to more aesthetic look.
Would be interesting to see what they come up with for 2020 market.

Here is a video about the Brose S Mag.

To me, Brose beats out the competition, but by a narrow margin. Still, surprising that the ingenious Fazua Evation or TQ didn't take the prize. I wonder when the latter two will come to the US- I think Europe has sucked up most of the inventory

Isn't that the one that has had so many issues with regards to noise level on the Specialized Levo's? The original Brose was noted for it's quiet and perhaps the lighter casing cause more sound transmission? The Levo's also have issues with a gap in the rear of the motor allowing debris to enter the housing that apparently they have issued a sponge to alleviate that issue.

Isn't that the one that has had so many issues with regards to noise level on the Specialized Levo's? The original Brose was noted for it's quiet and perhaps the lighter casing cause more sound transmission? The Levo's also have issues with a gap in the rear of the motor allowing debris to enter the housing that apparently they have issued a sponge to alleviate that issue.

Huh, never heard that . Interesting though . Brose-S Mag came out in 2019 (4 mo. after I bought my bike) so that makes me feel much better. My '18 Brose-S is silent. (my only problem was battery not charging to full 100%.)

Back