Bottom bracket- what type

Grandad

My aluminium Gain has the standard Claris 34/50 chainset. I'd like to replace it with a 24/46 or similar but the only ones I can find use the square taper axle.

Is the Gain threaded for this - if not alternative suggestions very welcome.

There are only a handful of bottom bracket standards, so if you have the spec sheet for your bike you should be able to find out what type it is and then can search for replacements. There may be square taper ones available.
Alternatively, if you have the hole diameter specs for your crankset you may be able to keep the cranks and find replacement chainrings.

What model year and sub-model is your gain? A quick look on the Orbea pages shows Shimano Ultegra cranks but they don't list the bottom bracket specs.

My aluminium Gain has the standard Claris 34/50 chainset. I'd like to replace it with a 24/46 or similar but the only ones I can find use the square taper axle.

Is the Gain threaded for this - if not alternative suggestions very welcome.
Aren’t they 110BCD?

I recommend you take it to a bike shop so they can determine what fits/works. Even if the bottom bracket fits, your front derailleur isn't made to work with those sized chainrings you want.

Back