Bosch vs Brose from Bulls Ebikes.

Trail Cruiser

I recently had a chance to ride both Bosch and Brose powered Bulls ebikes back to back at a newly opened store (Sleek Ebikes) in my area at Westchester County, New York. The store owner mentioned about the "whining noise" from the Bosch motor. I kind of like the Bosch, since it gives me subtle sound and vibration feedback from the motor, to let me know how hard it's working for me. The Brose seems to be imperceptible, no noise, no vibrations, and no tangible "push" sensation whatsoever. So it all depends on the rider's taste. I would probably choose a Bosch powered ebike on my next purchase. As a side note, it's interesting one of owner's personal ebikes is powered by Bafang BBS02, he is very knowledgeable about ebikes, including ebike kits.

Last edited:
Both good choices, and like you said; "it all depends on the rider's taste"!
Personally, I prefer the silence and longer range of the Brose.

I did the same thing this weekend and rode both the Brose and Bosch versions of the Bulls bikes. I ended up going with the eStream Evo 45 FS (demo) -- so, you probably rode my bike! I took it for a 10mi ride and really had fun with it. I like the riding position better than the Evo8 and the FS was very comfortable. While I didn't plan on getting a MTB -- I really liked the flexibility it offered. Despite the bigger tires, it still rode great on the street.

I did the same thing this weekend and rode both the Brose and Bosch versions of the Bulls bikes. I ended up going with the eStream Evo 45 FS (demo) -- so, you probably rode my bike! I took it for a 10mi ride and really had fun with it. I like the riding position better than the Evo8 and the FS was very comfortable. While I didn't plan on getting a MTB -- I really liked the flexibility it offered. Despite the bigger tires, it still rode great on the street.
What is the range on your bike, also is the shifting a issue? I'm looking at the
BULLS E-STREAM EVO 2 27.5 PLUS 2017, any comments on that bike.

Back