bosch nyon 2021 release date

The Smartphone Hub is available in Canada. I ordered one, then changed my mind when I found out the new Nyon was coming. Hopefully, I'll be able to order the new Nyon next Spring.

The Smartphone Hub is available in Canada. I ordered one, then changed my mind when I found out the new Nyon was coming. Hopefully, I'll be able to order the new Nyon next Spring.
ya I bought the kiox because I could not get the smartphone hub but I wouod ahve gotten the nyon if I knew it would let you adjust assist levels.

The wiring is the same, but you do need to swap the mount. It’s not a big job though.

just to be clear. For those of you in North America the Nyon won’t be available as a retrofit until early next year. I know many have been confused by this thread.
Really enjoyed your video review. Very in depth. Please let us know when it becomes available to purchase in the US.

They are released but back ordered now, like just about every other bike component in the age of covid.

My Trek Allant9.9s came with the smart phone hub which I would never use. I had them install an intuvia mount on the bike at delivery and mounted an older 8gb Nyon on it. It is the best bike computer, data collecting, navigation device for a bike that I have seen. Really great integration, reliable connections and good data synching.

I have a new Nyon kit on order which will require a motor drop and reroute of the wiring again, which, while I have done that on my out of warranty2018 Delight, I will leave to the pros to keep my warranty in tact. I may as well let the LBS install the mount controller and display as they will need to do the needed firmware update anyway.

They are released but back ordered now, like just about every other bike component in the age of covid.

My Trek Allant9.9s came with the smart phone hub which I would never use. I had them install an intuvia mount on the bike at delivery and mounted an older 8gb Nyon on it. It is the best bike computer, data collecting, navigation device for a bike that I have seen. Really great integration, reliable connections and good data synching.

I have a new Nyon kit on order which will require a motor drop and reroute of the wiring again, which, while I have done that on my out of warranty2018 Delight, I will leave to the pros to keep my warranty in tact. I may as well let the LBS install the mount controller and display as they will need to do the needed firmware update anyway.
Interesting. My 2019 Domane+ is in the LBS for a frame replacement under warranty. Since it came with a Purion controller, if they put it back together like it was originally built, I think they will have to do the whole rewire thing if I buy the new Nyon. If they have any idea when the new Nyon might be delivered, I could ask them to rebuild with it. Maybe if they have a spare Kiox sitting around they could wire it with a Kiox. I understand that Kiox => Nyon is plug & play which would avoid a rewire. I'd happily pay for the Nyon when they order it or rebuild the bike if that helps.

My guess is that will end up being too logical to actually happen and I'll get my bike back with the Purion and the Nyon will arrive the next day!!!

Interesting. My 2019 Domane+ is in the LBS for a frame replacement under warranty. Since it came with a Purion controller, if they put it back together like it was originally built, I think they will have to do the whole rewire thing if I buy the new Nyon. If they have any idea when the new Nyon might be delivered, I could ask them to rebuild with it. Maybe if they have a spare Kiox sitting around they could wire it with a Kiox. I understand that Kiox => Nyon is plug & play which would avoid a rewire. I'd happily pay for the Nyon when they order it or rebuild the bike if that helps.

My guess is that will end up being too logical to actually happen and I'll get my bike back with the Purion and the Nyon will arrive the next day!!!
IMO the Nyon is well worth the wait.

Allant cockpiit with older Nyon.
20200413_133720.jpg

From the little I have seen of the new Nyon (online, not in person), I think I prefer the larger display of the original Nyon.

I looks like the Nyon display may be available now in Canada. I haven't phoned to confirm, but a Canadian ebike shop has the Nyon listed. $495 Can.

Watching a video on the Nyon display I noticed there's a heart monitor display. Does anyone know what heart monitor sensor works with this display. I have a Wahoo heart rate chest strap on order to work with my iphone and Wahoo cadence sensor so I can monitor my heart rate on my road bike. I was wondering if this heart rate chest strap would also work with the Nyon.

From the little I have seen of the new Nyon (online, not in person), I think I prefer the larger display of the original Nyon.
I may come to the same conclusion. I doubt I will be using the touch screen much unless I am not actually moving

@Deacon Blues not sure on the new Nyon but the old one had a rather small compatible unit list. It connects via Bluetooth not ant. I use a Polar HR10 which usually connects automatically. On occasion I do have to reintroduce it to the Polar but that is a quick and easy thing to do.

I may come to the same conclusion. I doubt I will be using the touch screen much unless I am not actually moving

Which is how the touch screen seems intentionally designed. To make it a bit easier to do things that you (should) do while not moving compared to the 4-way stick, but discourage folks from trying to chart a new GPS route while in the saddle.

That said, it does seem more like the new Nyon is more a refinement, than an upgrade. So if it were me, I wouldn’t swap out for the new Nyon if I already had the original model. I mostly decided to wait for the new one to replace the stock Intuvia on my bike because it is a bit smaller, I like the new thumb controls better, and I much prefer the spring-loaded release. Small things to be sure, but these sort of things made a lot of sense to me and I was willing to wait.

Fly Rides just shipped my new Nyon kit to me. So some are moving through North America. Once I get it installed and have a chance to ride with it for a while. I will post a comparison between the old and new Nyon, functionality, ease of use, visibility, speed, etc.

Fly Rides just shipped my new Nyon kit to me. So some are moving through North America. Once I get it installed and have a chance to ride with it for a while. I will post a comparison between the old and new Nyon, functionality, ease of use, visibility, speed, etc.
Now it's released to the whole world i guess Custom Ride modes won't be a problem either!?

I picked my bike up from LBS for some warranty repair and tune up and they were able to place the order for me. I didn't look closely at the receipt but I think it was around $365. I am replacing Purion on a 2019 Domane+. They estimate delivery in 1st half of March. Hopefully they are right and I can get it installed quickly.

My Nevo is at the LBS for service, and to install the Nyon retrofit at the moment. Dropped it off Saturday, and will be able to pick it up in a couple days. Fingers crossed I can get some ride time with the Nyon this week.

Got a bit of time with the Nyon today on a ride. Can't compare it to the previous version, but overall I'm happy with it. I'll need to get used to the larger screen, and spend some time customizing the screens. But at least with my eyes, it's not too small for my needs. Easier to see than the Kiox at least. I'll get some good use out of it.

Haven't paid to unlock custom assist modes or the lock feature yet. But they are both being offered, so it should work.

The integration with the eBike Connect app worked well. Ride was recorded and synced automatically, which I'm happy with. Two bugs with it though:
  • Speed graph of a recorded ride on iPhone seems to be in kph, even when the app is set to imperial units. Average for the ride was 13mph, but graph hovered around 20 (unmarked units). Graph is correct on the web site.
  • Komoot did try to import the ride, but it only imported the first 1.8mi of the 6.9mi ride. This isn't a big deal for me, since Komoot's activity tracking is barebones, but a bit of a bummer. There's a couple features for route planning I like in Komoot, and the route importing seems to work fine, so I can make it work.
At least based on my time so far, things I'd like to see change:
  • The retrofit mount puts the display out from your handlebars. It works, but I'd prefer it a little bit towards the rider from that position.
  • Fix the bugs I've mentioned above.
  • Consider shrinking the big power meter on the speed screen, so the trip bar (trip distance + range/distance-to-destination) is a bit easier to see. (There is a couple speed screen options for this)

Last edited:
Back