Bosch Intuvia 100 on Gazelle Avignon shuts down while riding

ryantm

Region
USA
Hello.

I recently purchased a brand-new Gazelle Avignon that comes with an Intuvia 100 display. When I turn on the bike's power via the controls, the display usually doesn't turn on. I can unreliably get it to turn on by tapping it or adjusting the angle quickly. Then, when I'm riding, after about a minute, it says "Bye" and turns off. I can get it to turn back on by tapping it or shaking the handlebars. I tried replacing the CR2450 battery in it with a new Duracell one but it still has the same problems. I also used the Bosch Bike Flow app to install the firmware updates and that did not change the symptoms.

When the display is on, it seems to be showing reasonable battery, speed, and distance info. This makes me think it is not a connection issue or an issue with a speed sensor (but I don't know how to verify this last one).

My current best guesses are:
1. Defective display unit
2. The Gazelle Avignon rides too smoothly that it isn't triggering the some accelerometer in the display causing it to think the bike isn't moving and turning off

Questions:
A. Is the Intuvia 100 display supposed to stay on for the duration of the ride?
B. Are there any other troubleshooting steps I can take?
C. Can I go to any Bosch-certified dealer (like REI) for advice, or do I need to go back to my original dealer for help?

Ryan

I opened it up again and the contacts all look like beautiful gold-plated metal without any corrosion. Did yours look noticeably bad before you cleaned them?

I opened it up again and the contacts all look like beautiful gold-plated metal without any corrosion. Did yours look noticeably bad before you cleaned them?
I cant remember the bike was new but after I sued the spray the problem went away. a bad battery connection is the usual cause of a loss of power. or a loose connection somewhere else but usually the battery.

The Intuvia 100 is brand new, you're the first person I've seen here with one. I agree with Foofer the behavior sounds exactly like a bad connection to the battery/drive unit. I would guess it's not sitting quite right in the mount. Is going back to the original Gazelle dealer an option?

I don't think REI has had many models with Smart System yet, so you may find that your REI store has no experience with it.

I also have a Gazelle Avignon (5 months old) and my bike is currently in the shop because
the Intuvia display (my Second one) went bad.

my Gazelle Avignon is still at my bike shop. Evidently Bosch has had numerous problems with how the Intuvia display attaches and activates when attached to the mounting bracket. The shop is still waiting for a new redesigned part. Fortunately my shop has loaned me a Specialized Como while they have my bike.
i just miss the Kinekt suspension seatpost I installed on my Gazelle.

Back