Bomber for the Street

biknut

From the factory Bombers lean more toward off road, but I ride the street, so I like to style my bikes with that more in mind. I've never owned a bike that I didn't customize in some way. I've been working on this one for a year, and it's already been through about 3 or 4 different makeovers. Each time I think it gets a little closer to my ideal, whatever that is. Seems to be always changing. I just revamped my rear fender, and added a rack for the second time.

Here's a progression of photos from a year ago to now.

Speaking of, whaddaya think of the Street Fighter, in particular the limited gears on the road? -S

The Fighter isn't nearly as good a choice for street riding as a Bomber. Even though both bikes are fast enough for traffic, when Fighter's get stressed out at 35 mph, a Bomber is just loafing along. A Fighter will be sucking it's battery dry at those speeds, but a Bomber, with it's even bigger battery has staying power. The Bombers 9 speed gearbox is always nice, especially when you're pedaling at lower speeds.

Everyone wrestles with whether to get a Bomber, of save some money, and get a Fighter. I think it's just cheaper to get the Bomber in the first place.

Back