Bolton controller

Graysco242

I have a 2020 radrhino e.u. version I'm in the uk i was wondering if the bolton controller fitted straight on my bike or would i need some modification also is there anywhere in the uk i could purchase one its the 250 version would be grateful for replys thanks.

It should fit if you have the same 5 connectors, as far as I know only Bolton is offering the 35A controller with the extra cable for the tail light that is fitted to the 2019 and newer RAD bikes.

Another option for you is to purchase a stock RAD 750W controller and display from someone who has already removed them and installed the Bolton mod on a US delivered bike.

750W is still pretty good compared to 250W.

The 15A controller and display is not very heavy so shipping shouldn't be an issue to the UK. You might get this quicker than waiting for Bolton.

If you also want the original 500/750 W RAD motor though, that's pretty heavy.

I was wondering regarding this Bolton upgrade if anyone knows availability outside of the US?

Because I check with Bolton and Electro bike world but both do not currently have the upgrade kit in stock. Also it seems you get quite some shipping and custom charges when shipping to Europe which makes the product quite of pricey. I see a lot of sellers on Amazon and Aliexpress but most sellers are not rated or offer too low prices to be good. So does anyone know a place these upgrade set is currently in stock, ready to ship?

My answer is above.

Supply chain is completely messed up, no bikes (electric or otherwise), no parts.

I just waited 3 weeks for tires, my kickstand broke no stock.

Bolton and Electro bike are both small dealers/manf's. You have to deal direct with them. There are no large distribution centers involved.

Also, they have a unique product. Nobody else carries it. They are the ONLY sources of KT controllers set up to plug and play with the correct connectors for RAD bikes.

And anything is possible, but I'd be surprised if the LCD3 display wouldn't work just as well as the newer color unit

It should fit if you have the same 5 connectors, as far as I know only Bolton is offering the 35A controller with the extra cable for the tail light that is fitted to the 2019 and newer RAD bikes.

Another option for you is to purchase a stock RAD 750W controller and display from someone who has already removed them and installed the Bolton mod on a US delivered bike.

750W is still pretty good compared to 250W.

The 15A controller and display is not very heavy so shipping shouldn't be an issue to the UK. You might get this quicker than waiting for Bolton.

If you also want the original 500/750 W RAD motor though, that's pretty heavy.
It is the same motor in Europe (rated as 250 W), Canada (rated as 500W) and USA (rated as 750W) : it's the Bafang 350 W.

In Europe though, since 2019 I think, we've been having a new controller (or it could have been programmed differently), now no matter what you change in the stock controller, you will be limited à 250W max output (roughtly 22 mph / 35 km/h).

Bolton and Electro bike are both small dealers/manf's. You have to deal direct with them. There are no large distribution centers involved.

Also, they have a unique product. Nobody else carries it. They are the ONLY sources of KT controllers set up to plug and play with the correct connectors for RAD bikes.

And anything is possible, but I'd be surprised if the LCD3 display wouldn't work just as well as the newer color unit
You can use the color LCD8 with the 15A controller but you can't use the LCD3 with the 35A controller.

I'm using an LCD 3 on a 12 mosfet 35a KT controller, on 2 bikes actually, and have been for years now. Dating back a couple years prior to Bolton kitting these.

Where are you seeing that combo won't work? Geez, don't let my controller know that....

I'm using an LCD 3 on a 12 mosfet 35a KT controller, on 2 bikes actually, and have been for years now. Dating back a couple years prior to Bolton kitting these.

Where are you seeing that combo won't work? Geez, don't let my controller know that....

I haven't tried it, I thought I saw on one of the videos that the communication protocol of the LCD3 was different.

Good news if that's not true.

Are you sure about that? Because from what I understand..

The Rad Rover (USA/Canada) is powered by 350W motor.
Bafang G060.350.DC

The Rad Rhino (EU) is powered by 250W motor.
Bafang G060.250.DC

The Bolton motor is "Real 750W" motor
Bafang G060.750.DC
Not sure yet. The controller from 2019 is slightly different (not the same series of buttons pressed to set the max speed at 25 mph / 40 km/h).

I have already ordered a 750 W bafang motor on Aliexpress. I'll post some photos when I'll replace my original motor.

Excited for you. Can't wait!

I think Electro Bike World has the 35A controller in stock. (Although I don't know if it has tail light cable like Bolton controller does)

I can confirm that the electro bike world one is the same exact kit as the Bolton one and has the taillight connector. I installed both the electrobikeworld 35amp controller and color LCD on my 2020 Rad Mini.

I also saw that Electrobikeworld has the 35A controller in stock, but they do not have the LCD3 or newer LCD8H display in stock. Also, personally the only thing I want to change is remove the speedlimit from the throtthle of my 250W EU Rhino. All the rest is fine with me, I am not sure that I need the 35A controller for this. Best would be a controller that works with the existing display (for example the old 750 Watt controller), but these are hard to find.

Going with any of the RAD controllers is not going to remove the speed limit.

it doesn't say out of stock so I'm assuming it's in stock ?
It is mentioned on the product page that there are on backorder on this item

I also saw that Electrobikeworld has the 35A controller in stock, but they do not have the LCD3 or newer LCD8H display in stock. Also, personally the only thing I want to change is remove the speedlimit from the throtthle of my 250W EU Rhino. All the rest is fine with me, I am not sure that I need the 35A controller for this. Best would be a controller that works with the existing display (for example the old 750 Watt controller), but these are hard to find.
You can already remove the speed limit. Then, you'll peak at something around 35 km/h instead of 25 km/h.

I know it might be a little irreverent but Juiced CrossCurrent and CrossCurrent Air used to have 20mph speed limit, and they came up with Class 3 controller.

The existing owners of 20mph Juiced only had to change the controller to make it 28mph.

It "might" be the same with Rad, but I don't know .

Rad has no Class 3 bikes available, nor have they ever. To my knowledge, you're capped at something like 23-24mph with a Rad controller. Any Rad controller. The KT controller can be set to any max speed you like pretty easily.

Back