Blevo remote control

Can we upload google map in blevo? Anyone knows how?
So when you start riding, will the gps tell you direction and road data?

Can we upload google map in blevo? Anyone knows how?
So when you start riding, will the gps tell you direction and road data?
I do not use Maps in BLEvo so I don't know...

@Nubnub: I've got O-Synce Multiremote, paired it with BLEvo and it works nicely in Bike Monitor mode. I cannot, however, understand the best policy of configuring the assistance. O-Synce does not affect the Power Peak. And the assistance micro-tuning works separately for each level ECO, SPORT, and TURBO.

What initial setting for ECO would you set to get a nice initial assistance and adjust it up and down the best way? (I know you have already described it but I have no strength to read all the posts from the beginning...)

The only downside of the O-Synce Multiremote is the silly way of mounting it on the handlebar with rubber rings. My handlebar setup makes it virtually impossible to mount the O-Synce without removing all the components from the bar first. Phew! I will be keeping the remote in the back pocket of my jersey!

I've only been using blevo's smart control for awhile now. So I haven't adjusted the osync settings in awhile. But as I recall I ended up setting the increments to 5% (short press) and 10% (long press). Then I set ECO to 16% support/100% assist. So decreasing the assist with 3 short presses reduced assist to 1%. While 3 long presses would set it to 46%/100%. But really smart control gives me the same range of assist without the need to press any buttons. Paolo calls it auto transmission. Have to play with the power thresholds and assist acceleration/deceleration values. But once dialed in, it gives me from low to turbo assist levels automatically. I start out at 14% and use the auto support increase for acceleartions/headwinds/hills. By adjusting the smart control values, I find that even gettting to 40ish% support (from 14%) with 100% boost will pretty easily max out motor power to 300W. I am pretty sure these settings increase battery drain more than manual selections mostly due to the boosts for starts/stops. But I am never riding long enough that I don't have enough range as long as I start out with fully charged internal and range extender.

Thank you @Nubnub!

I cannot use the Smart Power because of my medical condition. The power I can consistently produce with my legs is about 100 W with very rare bursts of my peak power. Therefore, the Smart Power never worked for me.

The idea of setting any assistance preset (ECO, SPORT, TURBO) with 100% Peak Power and just adjusting the Assistance worked very well for my Vado SL at the cost of increased battery use. I can see far more sense to use the O-Synce with BLEvo on my full-power Vado because the latter has tons of excess power I need to harness for my group rides. O-Synce is expected to enable me to ride at exactly the group speed at any conditions I could meet on the ride. Let me give you an example.

I was happy to use these Vado 5.0 levels on my last gravel group ride with competing cyclists:
  • ECO: 40/40% would be good for a relatively slow ride with casual group ride members. Translating to assistance: 100 W (leg power) * 3.2 (motor max boost) * 0.4 = 128 W assistance. Motor Peak Power limit: 520 W (Max Motor Power) * 0.4 = 208 W. All OK and inside the limit.
  • SPORT: 55/55% gives me the assistance good to ride with competing riders when they ride casually. Assistance: 176 W, limit: 286 W. All good.
  • TURBO: 70/70% was used when a strong rider wanted to ride very fast (such as 36 km/h in the forest). Assistance: 224 W, limit: 364 W.
You might have noticed the Peak Power limit was always set too high but that it was letting me to ride faster on bursts of my leg power. Now, the conditions on the ride often change. It could be rough terrain requiring more assistance or strong headwind on asphalt making the group riding far slower.

Therefore I think I will use exactly the same initial Assistance/PP settings as the starting point and only use O-Synce +/- for precise adjustment of assistance, perhaps in 2% small and 5% large increments! You would be very surprised to learn that 33, 40, and 45% assistance levels work very differently for the big Vado in a real group ride situation!

I’ve tried using BLEvo’s Smart Control, but the first time I came to a steep grade it didn’t provide support quickly enough to suit me. It’s possible I just need to play with the settings, but….I’ve settled on;
ECO at 10%, using it when traveling at slow speeds or when I have one of those “I feel really good” days.
SPORT at 10% - 90%, and bumping it up or down as needed via the osynce remote, in 10% increments.
TURBO at 100%, using it on hills or when I’m tired, feeling a bit too much leg pain (yeah, have some issues there), or in a hurry to get home.

I ride in SPORT about 80% of the time, with support mostly at 40-60%. My rides never exceed 50 miles, and are mostly flat, so with the Range Extender I have plenty of battery.

I ride in SPORT about 80% of the time, with support mostly at 40-60%. My rides never exceed 50 miles, and are mostly flat, so with the Range Extender I have plenty of battery.
With the average assistance of 58% for Vado SL, I used as many as three Range Extenders plus 13% of the main battery on a 91 km (56.5 mi) ride. It only proves how ailing my legs are!

P.S. BLEvo tells me I used 481 Wh total. My main battery is 300 Wh now, and the useful charge is 95% of it, that is, 285 Wh. The surplus to be provided by the RE was 196 Wh. A brand new Range Extender usable charge is 152 Wh. Meaning, I would need the whole main battery and two Range Extenders (if I wanted to squeeze the max from the main battery and the RE) for that ride!

Last edited:
With the average assistance of 58% for Vado SL, I used as many as three Range Extenders plus 13% of the main battery on a 91 km (56.5 mi) ride. It only proves how ailing my legs are!

P.S. BLEvo tells me I used 481 Wh total. My main battery is 300 Wh now, and the useful charge is 95% of it, that is, 285 Wh. The surplus to be provided by the RE was 196 Wh. A brand new Range Extender usable charge is 152 Wh. Meaning, I would need the whole main battery and two Range Extenders (if I wanted to squeeze the max from the main battery and the RE) for that ride!
Whatever works! It doesn’t really matter how much battery we use, as long as we have enough. 😊

I rode with my nephew a couple of days ago. I was on my Creo, while he rode my Allant+ 9.9s with its more powerful motor. I was hard-pressed to keep up with him, and I did use Turbo more than usual…..as I was too proud to ask him to slow down. 😂

I just want to tell you I am extremely happy for my O-Synce Multiremote combined with BLEvo. With the default assistance settings of 40/40, 55/55 and 100/100, I could easily adjust the assistance to (a) very fast gravel riders; (b) a very slow traditional rider; (c) variable terrain and wind conditions.

Worthy to note I keep my smartphone with BLEvo in my jersey pocket, so I even do not know what actual assistance I'm using! Just pressing Up or Down button to feel comfortably regarding the speed, especially on group rides.

Does anyone use the Smart HR and Smart Power modes in expert mode? If yes, could you share your settings? I am slightly confused.
What is the ACC value on the Bike Setup? It currently has a 40% value. Should I make any adjustments?

What is the ACC value on the Bike Setup? It currently has a 40% value. Should I make any adjustments?
This is the Acceleration Response and only works with Levo and Kenevo.

In one of the extreme settings, the motor will immediately engage upon detecting the torque on the crank-arm. It is meant for the e-MTB in the situation you are locked stationary uphill on a rock, and need the motor assistance immediately as you push the pedal. (It is a fixed behaviour in Giant e-MTBs known as "Zero Cadence").

The other extremum setting will engage the motor only after the system detects the crank-arm rotation.

In all Specialized e-bikes except Levo and Kenevo (also SL versions) this parameter is ignored by the system. You need to apply both torque and rotation to engage the motor. It is good because you can rest your foot heavily on the pedal while waiting at the intersection, and the motor will not engage until you set the e-bike in motion.

Last edited:
Back