Bixtrix v Ride1U?

I just ordered a R1U 500. What finally pushed me over the edge was a) it had most of the features I was most concerned about; b) all the positive reviews online and c) the reputation of the company. Thanks to all for your help and advice! Great forum and very useful for newbies, so thanks to all the experts (and other newbies) for generously giving of your time. Now all I gotta do is get the bike and assemble it!

I just ordered a R1U 500. What finally pushed me over the edge was a) it had most of the features I was most concerned about; b) all the positive reviews online and c) the reputation of the company. Thanks to all for your help and advice! Great forum and very useful for newbies, so thanks to all the experts (and other newbies) for generously giving of your time. Now all I gotta do is get the bike and assemble it!
Great pick. You will love it.
FWIW I got the bike shipped directly to a local bike shop, that built it for a reasonable price. It was great to just pick up the bike and ride. Also got peace of mind that the bike is tuned up. The bike shop also has been helpful as I make other changes to the bike - Eg got new grips, rack to instal child seat etc.

That is a great tip about sending to bike shop for assembly, etc. Mind if I ask how much the LBS charged for assembly and tune-up? I'll call around today to get prices.

get the 700, something you can grow into, not out grow in year.

Thanks. You may be right about the 700 but it also weighs more, and that was a big consideration for me, in addition to additional cost. We shall see how it goes. I can always upgrade later if needed, but I doubt if would be required in one year...

My shop also quoted me about $100. I tried to get R1U to ship to bike shop, but they said that since the order had been placed they could not change shipping address, nor would they cancel and make a new order. That gives them a few points off, IMHO, for customer service. But shop can probably pick it up from my place. in any case, it is on its way.

Thanks. You may be right about the 700 but it also weighs more, and that was a big consideration for me, in addition to additional cost. We shall see how it goes. I can always upgrade later if needed, but I doubt if would be required in one year...
I have a 700, but I think the 500 is a better value at the new higher prices. I'm not seeing any 500 users from last year regretting their purchases - they are still recommending it to others.

Back