Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra 1000, Juiced Ripcurrent S, M2s All Terrain Ultra?

I dont know of any bikes that are actually made in the US . Biktrix or the Eunorau link I posted is your best bet .
Edit : You can always make your own with a donor bike and a Bafang BBSHD motor kit .

Dale, for starters, nobody is building a bike state side that's not using nearly all, if not all, Chinese components. The Chinese have the market pretty much locked down.

If you try to get an Ebike that has it's frame built in North American and then assembled here, you are going to pay a real premium.
Will you have a better Ebike, of coarse, but this gets out of many people's price range.
These are built in Boston, USA
WW - CROSSTOUR
If you want an ultra motor for 2K, Sondors is doing that, but you might not see it for 6 months at this point, it's not just about finding the right Ebike, but who actually has stock, and can you wait for the one you really want.
Be aware of out of stocks if you plan to ride this spring, the internet is littered with stories of people not getting Ebikes on time in the past 6 months, and we are not talking out weeks, but months of delays.

As for batteries, voltage and amp hours needs to looked at for sure, the type of cell isn't always passed on to the end user, but if you ask that specific question they should be able to answer it.
Some even post it for example VoltBike website says.
"VoltBike Yukon 750 is using Samsung INR18650-35E 3400mAh cells. Battery pack is 48v 17.5Ah."

Last edited:
So if all these eBikes are made in China, Asia, Japan...are there any bikes made here in the U.S. or Canada that won't drain your pocketbook? Or are these bikes just as good as anything made here in the U.S. at the price point of $2500-$3200ish? I'm just looking for a real good (NOT the best) fat tire eBike in this price range IF at all possible.
lmao,made in the US? the US has no real presence in the E-Bike world and yes any of the Ultra or BBSHD powered bikes mentioned above is a solid choice! they are all great bikes! im generalizing but you can go 2 ways, Asian or Euro and Euro bikes may use parts and motors made in japan. You can find some European made Fat bikes but they will probably sit well above the $3200 price point and they will have different performance stats when compared to the bikes above. Do some research on European bikes before you make your purchase, i believe in covering all bases because it would suck to buy a bike only to find you really wanted something else.

I'm still in the market of a fat tire ebike BUT i'm getting closer to pulling the trigger between 2 bikes. Can anyone help me out or has anyone ever heard of a fat tire ebike with a Shimano Deore 9-speed derailleur with a Shimano Altus Shifter? To me it just seems odd to have a decent middle of the road Deore derailleur matched with a lower end basic Shimano Altus shifter. Any thoughts? Should this be a deterrent from me purchasing one bike over the other? The other bike has both Deore derailleur and shifter, but it also has a thing or two about the bike i'm not to keen of. Pricewise its a wash. THANKS!!

I'm still in the market of a fat tire ebike BUT i'm getting closer to pulling the trigger between 2 bikes. Can anyone help me out or has anyone ever heard of a fat tire ebike with a Shimano Deore 9-speed derailleur with a Shimano Altus Shifter? To me it just seems odd to have a decent middle of the road Deore derailleur matched with a lower end basic Shimano Altus shifter. Any thoughts? Should this be a deterrent from me purchasing one bike over the other? The other bike has both Deore derailleur and shifter, but it also has a thing or two about the bike i'm not to keen of. Pricewise its a wash. THANKS!!
I was told by a lbs that bike manufacturers sometimes do this because the higher end mtb shifters don’t have a gear indicator. My bike has a Deore XT 9 speed and an Acera shifter. It shifts wonderfully btw!

It might not be about price or quality but what they actually have on hand to complete and sell the the Ebike

Personally, I don't let this little stuff affect my buying decision too much. I can try them the way they come, and EASILY change something like a shifter out if I'm not happy with the way the OEM works after riding for a bit.

No different than changing the seat to handle my personal preferences, or tires, etc.

Too, if it were up to me, I don't see a lot of need for more than 7 speeds, especially with an Ultra. This motor is a torque monster, and doesn't need to be kept in a narrow power band to work nicely. So there's that too.... -Al

One LAST final question before making my purchase today...FINALLY!! The Battery..i'm going with a Fat Tire (26x4") ebike with the Bafang M620 Ultra Mid-Drive motor. My battery choices are a 48V 21Ah 1008wh (45-60 miles) LG OR the 52V 17.5Ah 910 wh (35-55 miles) LG. I'll mostly be using the bike for rails to trails riding, around town riding and some easy to moderate climbs (nothing hard or difficult). What do you think I should choose? Again THANK YOU ALL for all your help and responses in helping me choose this eBike for me. Very much appreciated.

One LAST final question before making my purchase today...FINALLY!! The Battery..i'm going with a Fat Tire (26x4") ebike with the Bafang M620 Ultra Mid-Drive motor. My battery choices are a 48V 21Ah 1008wh (45-60 miles) LG OR the 52V 17.5Ah 910 wh (35-55 miles) LG. I'll mostly be using the bike for rails to trails riding, around town riding and some easy to moderate climbs (nothing hard or difficult). What do you think I should choose? Again THANK YOU ALL for all your help and responses in helping me choose this eBike for me. Very much appreciated.
Get the biggest battery you can possibly afford.

I believe these are the two biggest batteries they offer. BOTH the same price. 48v 21ah or 52v 17.5ah

That is an excellent question, 52V will give you more power no matter what the controller is A X V = W must be higher. Controller Amps X Battery Voltage = Wattage to motor
However the 48V 21ah will give you a longer ride time.
Pick what is more important to you

Dale, my vote would be for the 48v as the only advantage of the 52 is a little higher speed available. I think you'll find the 48v is able to do well enough there....

With the Bafang Ultra 1000 watt mid drive motor, do I need the more powerful with the 52v 17.5 ah or go 48v 21ah and get the extra milage?

Guys will generally see how fast their new bike goes once or twice, see what that speed run does to their battery mileage, and the thrill is gone. The ability to go a few extra miles won't change. You'll use that until you get rid of the bike.....

Back