Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra 1000, Juiced Ripcurrent S, M2s All Terrain Ultra?

Guys will generally see how fast their new bike goes once or twice, see what that speed run does to their battery mileage, and the thrill is gone. The ability to go a few extra miles won't change. You'll use that until you get rid of the bike.....
As usual AHicks you are the voice of experienced reason. 👍

With the Bafang Ultra 1000 watt mid drive motor, do I need the more powerful with the 52v 17.5 ah or go 48v 21ah and get the extra milage?
1545991790982-png.28450

Maybe this will help you

Well you'll only go a tad faster with the 52v.
I get a few more miles and a mile per hour or 3 more in speed. In my experience, what may be more important is how the battery was constructed. Too many builders are cramming more cells into a case than the case was designed to hold with cell separations.

Yes!! Went with the Biktrix Ultra 1000 Pro!! Just took my FIRST ride out with the bike and the back tire come off the rim😏 Not sure why? Anybody know what might of happened?

Yes!! Went with the Biktrix Ultra 1000 Pro!! Just took my FIRST ride out with the bike and the back tire come off the rim😏 Not sure why? Anybody know what might of happened?
Insufficient inflation would be my guess. ie a flat.

They don't ship them fully inflated. Did you air up the tires before your ride?

Going through months of research, having purchased Biktrix and other bikes, going through service requests and failed configurations (such as this tire issue), keeping in the performance and price points, I would recommend 2 paths:
1. Build your own: you must be willing to wait for shipping, do your own build, have it painted in some cases and doing the leg work - you can directly order the frame, motor and components through China for about $2k. There are thousands of distributors there using Bafang and other standard products and some can be ordered in a more complete state than others. This is what Biktrix, M2S, Surface and the like do. However, if you cannot or do not want to do this..

2. I'd buy from a large vendor who has local USA support - Yamaha, Trek, Giant, etc.. - but you'll have to pay.

As highlighted in many areas of the electricbikereview forums is that many of the current suppliers have poor or non existing quality business practices. A tire falling off a bike can lead to injury and death and should include litigation and a no hassle no fee return policy. But note, many of these small places make it cost prohibitive to return or fix something. I have personally wasted countless frustrating hours with support personnel whom a) cannot read questions, b) do not respond, c) do not understand what you're communicating, or d) do not know. I believe they do this 90% intentionally - as you are no longer important after the sale. Buyer beware. If you bought a motorcycle or car and the brakes failed, the tire fell off, the cables leaked, or were misprogrammed, etc.., there would be immediate litigation. I don't think these smaller companies care about it as some are nestled in another country and can quasi avoid litigation. With that there are probably others that do well. For example, I purchased a Juiced Ripcurrent S last year and found the product and support solid. Just didn't like advertised performance.

Example of china made

Hope this helps anyone.

Going through months of research, having purchased Biktrix and other bikes, going through service requests and failed configurations (such as this tire issue), keeping in the performance and price points, I would recommend 2 paths:
1. Build your own: you must be willing to wait for shipping, do your own build, have it painted in some cases and doing the leg work - you can directly order the frame, motor and components through China for about $2k. There are thousands of distributors there using Bafang and other standard products and some can be ordered in a more complete state than others. This is what Biktrix, M2S, Surface and the like do. However, if you cannot or do not want to do this..

2. I'd buy from a large vendor who has local USA support - Yamaha, Trek, Giant, etc.. - but you'll have to pay.

As highlighted in many areas of the electricbikereview forums is that many of the current suppliers have poor or non existing quality business practices. A tire falling off a bike can lead to injury and death and should include litigation and a no hassle no fee return policy. But note, many of these small places make it cost prohibitive to return or fix something. I have personally wasted countless frustrating hours with support personnel whom a) cannot read questions, b) do not respond, c) do not understand what you're communicating, or d) do not know. I believe they do this 90% intentionally - as you are no longer important after the sale. Buyer beware. If you bought a motorcycle or car and the brakes failed, the tire fell off, the cables leaked, or were misprogrammed, etc.., there would be immediate litigation. I don't think these smaller companies care about it as some are nestled in another country and can quasi avoid litigation. With that there are probably others that do well. For example, I purchased a Juiced Ripcurrent S last year and found the product and support solid. Just didn't like advertised performance.

Example of china made

Hope this helps anyone.
Ordering from China has many pitfalls. No thanks!

Example of china made

Hope this helps anyone.
To test Biktrix customer service, I messaged them on their instant message service and somebody responded right away, as my question was rather technical they made up a ticket and somebody emailed me within 24 hours with the answer. I actually learned something important, so it wasn't a waste of time. Their customer service is fine to me.

I dont know of any bikes that are actually made in the US . Biktrix or the Eunorau link I posted is your best bet .
Edit : You can always make your own with a donor bike and a Bafang BBSHD motor kit .
Juiced Bikes - San Diego, CA - made in U.S.

Back