Bike stands for eBike maintenance

sammcneill

Region
New Zealand
Hi,

I’m looking at buying a bike stand to make maintenance of my family’s bikes easier.

My brother in law has recommended

It’s really not cheap compared to a lot of other options but reviews are universally good.

It’s rated to 36kg so I’m thinking it should just about mange my SC2 (but given how heavy that is I’m still dubious! Maybe taking both batteries out would be sensible?)

Anyone for a bike stand they use for managing the maintenance / cleaning of their R&M and open to sharing?

@JVBulman what do you use in a commercial workshop ?

Thanks in advance

Sam

PS - this is mostly being driven by increased need for tuning and cleaning of my new eMTB which is getting filthy! This was the ride last night. That’s about 22kg so would be fine and I think SC2 is 35kg…

56E20B3C-09F3-4D55-8120-067BC8B99EAB.jpeg

My wife got me that stand for my birthday last year (yes, I have an excellent wife).

Very happy with it. It’s quite substantial but folds up to a very small footprint in the garage when I’m not using it. Typical ParkTool quality. I do take the batteries out of the bikes before hanging them up, a Giant Toughroad gravel and a Yamaha Civante road.

be careful leaving a heavy bike in the stand it can slip and fold up. I drilled a hole through right above the clamp on the bottom of the stand and pin it with a screw driver or such. the bottom clamp Kinda sucks it actually loosens up a tiny bit when it is fully closed.

I have one these and it holds my Rize RX with the ultra motor.
i do remove the battery to lighten it. But a very good stand at an excellent price

Sam,
Once I bought Park Tool PRS-25, I never felt I needed anything else.
PCS-10.3 holds up to 36 kg. PRS-25 is more lightweight and it holds up to 45 kg. I never looked at the price.

This is a nice feature and how I mainly use my Ultimate stand.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 8.52.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 8.52.50 PM.png
    226.1 KB · Views: 341
I have the PCS-10 and it does the job but it takes up too much floor space in my shop. Yes, it does fold up for storage but I work on my bikes frequently. Folding & unfolding the stand all the time gets to be a hassle.

I now use the Park PRS 4W-2 :

I bolted the base to the leg of the workbench and just slide in the clamp whenever I need to use it.

I still use the PCS-10 for some repairs but it's the PRS 4W for minor adjustments.

I use a pully system mounted on the ceiling of my garage. It was around $25 on Amazon and holds up to 110lbs. I can easily raise the bike to whatever height I like without lifting it at all.

I use a pully system mounted on the ceiling of my garage. It was around $25 on Amazon and holds up to 110lbs. I can easily raise the bike to whatever height I like without lifting it at all.
Does the bike swing around !? Or can you secure it somehow when it’s elevated?

Back