Big Guy 6.3, 360 lb, 60 yr. In need of true advice

Setting that aside, I've healed from the accident and back on the road. Being on the sidelines so long I Amazon convinced me that I need a new saddle. I fell in love with the Brooks Saddle. Then found awesome stories on the Selle Respiro. Oh, and this saddle interested me the Hobson Pro Hub. Almost pulled the trigger on an EBAY Brooks. Then I realized it probably a China Knockoff that would fall apart in two weeks. Been-there-done-that. No EBAY for me. I couldn't decide so I'm still looking.

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 2.04.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 2.01.48 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 2.36.47 PM.png

Last edited:
I have 3 Selle Respiro and my old arse is pretty happy. I did put a Brookes spring suspension seat on it. I like it.
B496D94F-001E-4949-8C8D-52596802C1BF.jpeg

I'll soon get a mirror too. Still struggling to keep the foot on the pedal when I go faster.
You'll need new photo's ya know.
Yeah, I was out yesterday and I said to myself "I need to take photo's". But I was tired, dripping with sweat, legs were rubbery and I was just half way through my ride! I can't wait to get in shape whereby I won't look like I just got out of a pool. I'm not really a "Post-My-Life" kinda guy even though I enjoy looking at others. My photos would be of a fat wet guy sucking air with a smile on his face.
The Allant 7s, is a beast of a bike! Early responses warned me saying the bike would pop spokes, break forks and fall apart because of my weight. Facts are, Not So, Not Yet!
It been raining almost every other day here in Dallas, Plus my knee was in bad shape after my street tumble. So my riding is limited, but I feel so good on my Trek what a wonderful bike!

Last edited:
Keep at it…I’ve been off my bike since late March, and every time I go in the barn I run my hand over my Brook’s saddle. DAM those smarty-pants doctors.
As far as loads on the bike you could upgrade your wheels and spokes.
Warning you ahead of time, keep riding and you’ll be spending on a new wardrobe

Keep at it…I’ve been off my bike since late March, and every time I go in the barn I run my hand over my Brook’s saddle. DAM those smarty-pants doctors.
As far as loads on the bike you could upgrade your wheels and spokes.
Warning you ahead of time, keep riding and you’ll be spending on a new wardrobe
So, I suppose you like the Brooks Saddle, it sure is beautiful. Anyone who has played baseball knows how real leather can mold to you.

Sadly saddles are easy to steal. Frustrating to be sure. I’ve never had a bike stolen but have had two saddles disappear.

The only saddle I ever had stolen was a perfectly fitted brooks on my bike, which went too. Stolen out of my car. A sad day, since I had modified my ride with phil wood hubs and mavic rims, back in the 1970s.

Yeah, I was out yesterday and I said to myself "I need to take photo's". But I was tired, dripping with sweat, legs were rubbery and I was just half way through my ride! I can't wait to get in shape whereby I won't look like I just got out of a pool. I'm not really a "Post-My-Life" kinda guy even though I enjoy looking at others. My photos would be of a fat wet guy sucking air with a smile on his face.
The Allant 7s, is a beast of a bike! Early responses warned me saying the bike would pop spokes, break forks and fall apart because of my weight. Facts are, Not So, Not Yet!
It been raining almost every other day here in Dallas, Plus my knee was in bad shape after my street tumble. So my riding is limited, but I feel so good on my Trek what a wonderful bike!
Responses are just opinions zipur.
I have been told my trikes would break under my weight too. The Allants seem even stronger. They will be fine.
Tomorrow I am going up to Pittsburgh to try a pair of cycle shoes. Fake leg just won't stay on the pedal.
Its gonna be a great summer.
Be well.

Just remember that some of those who you asked for honest opinions were concerned that the frame was only WARRANTED to 300 lbs. And just because it hasn’t had a problem yet doesn’t mean it will never have one. As an owner of two Allants I’m a big fan of the frames but who knows?

on my Allant9s I had new wheels built for a few reasons, but weight was not a consideration. The Swiss rims/upgraded spokes the old salt of a tech said…would, he speculated, boost the weight limit to 350lbs.

Gotta, love Amazon's quick delivery. My Selle Respiro Seat and Dilwe Zip Case, which looks like a water bottle, but it's storage. Put in 20 miles today and I could not get the battery out of the bike when I got home!
Took it to the shop and they advised me that there is a small screw adjustment underneath the lock mechanism. They just adjusted it there and all is well. My Trek Tech says they got a shipment in from Trek, but most of the bike were already sold.
Here she sits in front of my wife's Tesla Model 3 and my gas sucking, do any and everything, F-150. The moral of the story is everything is going electric, so get on board.

tempImagenaMj4q.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta, love Amazon's quick delivery. My Selle Respiro Seat and Dilwe Zip Case, which looks like a water bottle, but it's storage. Put in 20 miles today and I could not get the battery out of the bike when I got home!
Took it to the shop and they advised me that there is a small screw adjustment underneath the lock mechanism. They just adjusted it there and all is well. My Trek Tech says they got a shipment in from Trek, but most of the bike were already sold.
Here she sits in front of my wife's Tesla Model 3 and my gas sucking, do any and everything, F-150. The moral of the story is everything is going electric, so get on board.

View attachment 90050
At least you are offsetting your f150's carbon footprint with multiple eco options. lol

I'm a little late having just discovered these forums, but I wanted to say I'm around the same weight and getting along great with a Trek Verve 3+. I had to get the wheels warrantied for handbuilt wheels with a higher spoke count, but my local Trek store was happy to do that.

I'm enjoying it enough that I'm considering a second eBike, but I'm not sure what other bikes are considered good options.

Responses are just opinions zipur.
I have been told my trikes would break under my weight too. The Allants seem even stronger. They will be fine.
Tomorrow I am going up to Pittsburgh to try a pair of cycle shoes. Fake leg just won't stay on the pedal.
Its gonna be a great summer.
Be well.
Cycle shoes that grip are a good idea. Might try pedals with more grip also.

Back