Bianchi Aria e-road.

DHendrycks

Hello I was happy to find this site and read some of the threads regarding the Aria e-road. I've only done 1 ride so far and interested in finding out more about the settings and using this bike

I too have a Bianchi Aria e and would like to hear from others on their experience with the bike. What they like don't like and/or issues.

My neighbour has one and loves it! We went for a 43km ride two days ago in the hilly Peak District (UK). I could overtake him on the hills (with my new Cannondale Neo2) but otherwise he was 'in the lead'. When we returned home he still had half his battery left which rather surprised me as his battery is only 250W (mine is 500W). He doesn't find the single button an issue (unlike some others).

My neighbour has one and loves it! We went for a 43km ride two days ago in the hilly Peak District (UK). I could overtake him on the hills (with my new Cannondale Neo2) but otherwise he was 'in the lead'. When we returned home he still had half his battery left which rather surprised me as his battery is only 250W (mine is 500W). He doesn't find the single button an issue (unlike some others).
That's good to hear I have no problem withe single button either. Not sure exactly what the issue with some is. I rode 75 km this AM with about 500M of elevation. A bit of a wind today so probably used the assist more than normal but still had more than 50% battery left.

Good to hear! It's lovely looking bike. At the two stops we had it had admiring looks and disbelief that it could be a "lecce".

I just finished the Alberta Ride To Conquer Cancer this weekend. 110 kms and 850M of elevation 1st day & 103 kms and 1044m 2nd day. I'm 71 yrs old and my Aria e-road saved me. I had to be careful in my use of power trying save it for climbing and finished day 1 with over 25% power and day 2 with just under 25%. What a great equalizer this bike is.

Great looking bike... enjoy the ride.

1566364636326.png

Hi DHenryscks. It's a beautiful bike. I have an Orbea Gain which uses the same eBikemotion drive system and I like it a lot. You may want to try looking in some of the EU/UK forums where reviews and postings on light road ebikes are much more common. As you can tell from the posted reviews and questions this forum is much more about heavy high powered ebikes and isn't too concerned with lighter ebikes that require much effort to use. For example the bike that seems to get the most attention is the lectricxp, a heavy folding $900 ebike. That's about as different from the Bianchi Aria as one could get.

I find the Aria E Road does what it says on the tin - it’s a gentle assist - good on a gradual gradient not so good on a steep gradient but it does help! It rides like the excellent road bike it is on the flat with great responsiveness. It is quick! The looks are excellent. The battery life is adequate for me. I am riding to keep up with my avid cyclist partner and it is a pretty good leveller - we are definitely able to have a better ride together. What I don’t like is the sluggishness in the lower gears and the way it feels like the hub kind of drags you back and is heavy to get going. However the assist in climbs obviously outweighs this but it is annoying. I think if you are male with more power then you could get the bike rolling again better than I! I’ve been out on four rides so far since purchase abs have another 30mile planned for tomorrow still getting used to it! No problems with the switch - trying to ride as much as I can without the power but do like to have some assist on the hill climbs just to speed up the overall ride.

Back