BH just pulled out of US market ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 4210
  • Start date
BH also pulled out of South America, Australia/NZ and most of Asia. I believe they are still in Taiwan ROC. They get a lot from Taiwan so that makes some sense.

BH is mostly a European seller now. That could change again at any time. This has been a strange year.

From what i've exp. tbeir warranty still works through the Spain office. I had broken the kickstand in the sand.
Tip- Don't use kickstand in deep sand (beach)! Due to the depth required for the kickstand to settle in the sand and The angle , this 2 factors will exercise great stress and break it.

From what I've exp. their warranty still works through the Spain office. I had broken the kickstand in the sand.
Tip- Don't use kickstand in deep sand (beach)! Due to the depth required for the kickstand to settle in the sand and The angle, these 2 factors will exercise great stress and break it.

Good to know... thanks for the tip. Did you contact the BH HQ office in Spain directly or through your LBS?

Good to know... thanks for the tip. Did you contact the BH HQ office in Spain directly or through your LBS?
Directly, i have the direct email and also phone. They answer right away. I'm closing in on buying the Atom X Lynx carbon , shiping from Eu to Us.

Directly, i have the direct email and also phone. They answer right away. I'm closing in on buying the Atom X Lynx carbon , shiping from Eu to Us.

The Atom X Lynx carbon is a very nice ride... I also noticed that CL still has the Atom Pro RC available at 35% off for anyone interested.

Last edited:
Directly, I have the direct email and also phone. They answer right away. I'm closing in on buying the Atom X Lynx carbon, shipping from Eu to Us.

Are you able to share the contact information with others on this forum? Thanks

The Atom X Lynx carbon is a very nice ride... I also noticed that CL still has the Atom Pro RC available at 35% off for anyone interested.

Yes it is, i also like the Bulls Mtb. but they don't make them with carbon frames.

Email:

[email protected]
Lukasz Kuzniarz
Customer Service - Aftersales
+34 945180805 (Spain) Ext. 249

It seems as if the European brands have ended up missing several opportunities to grab the ebike market in the US, or at least to make a name for themselves and compete. Unfortunately legislation and changing of public attitudes is slow to take place in the US. If they could have pushed the needle on marketing ebikes as transportation more significantly I think they would've found themselves at the forefront. They should have done the following (...and I don't think it is too late..it seems nobody in the industry thinks beyond next year...heck even QBP here in Minnesota fired a bunch of people several weeks into Covid...wonder how that is working out now!). Anyway I think they could've done several things:

• Partner-up - with each other, and with their motor manufacturers (the 2 biggest are European based - Bosch/Brose, then Yamaha, Shimano, etc)
  • If you want to sell bikes as transport, you need the support network - offer (1st year free, possibly more, then at cost or at least low profit margins initially - treat it like a start-up):
    • loaners for repairs
    • on site service
    • insurance partnerships
  • team up with Velosport, or make your own mobile/shop-based system - service techs that can motor swap, have batteries available for replacement on hand, all under existing and possibly extended warranty
  • look at the support network in the auto industry, create a stream-lined, easily accessible version - you can rely on the existing cycling industry for 80% of part needs, only need to create space to stock the electric-specific parts - partner with amazon for fast distribution, or something similar...
  • heck, while you're at it, partner with core brands, the motor manufacturers...and find a car company to pair up with - cross sales and selling the future of transport would be a massive win on both sides
Having missed their big chance, the bigger brands came in and pulled the rug out from under their feet. It is highly likely the same will happen to the smaller US companies as well as you begin to see regular offerings from Trek/Spec/Giant drop into the mid-1K price range. Radrover does very well, but they can't last forever selling 4-5 versions of Chinese parts-bin bikes (no offense, they are built well and are chosen parts, but we all know you could spec the same from alibaba with a little courage!).

Finally, their timing (unknowingly) couldn't have come at a worse point - with Coronavirus the market went from its worst year to likely a record breaking sales year - it could have set them down the path to competing with major brands in the US market. The decision to leave was likely set at the latest early this year following a very disapointing 2019 sales year. It is just too bad to see that it isn't working in the US market, and the ability to jump back in and gain any sort of traction at this point is likely lost or will be very difficult to re-acquire.

My 2 cents anyway!

Having 2 BH bikes, a haibike and a bulls bike in the garage, it is sad to see!

It seems as if the European brands have ended up missing several opportunities to grab the ebike market in the US, or at least to make a name for themselves and compete. Unfortunately legislation and changing of public attitudes is slow to take place in the US. If they could have pushed the needle on marketing ebikes as transportation more significantly I think they would've found themselves at the forefront. They should have done the following (...and I don't think it is too late..it seems nobody in the industry thinks beyond next year...heck even QBP here in Minnesota fired a bunch of people several weeks into Covid...wonder how that is working out now!). Anyway I think they could've done several things:

• Partner-up - with each other, and with their motor manufacturers (the 2 biggest are European based - Bosch/Brose, then Yamaha, Shimano, etc)
  • If you want to sell bikes as transport, you need the support network - offer (1st year free, possibly more, then at cost or at least low profit margins initially - treat it like a start-up):
    • loaners for repairs
    • on site service
    • insurance partnerships
  • team up with Velosport, or make your own mobile/shop-based system - service techs that can motor swap, have batteries available for replacement on hand, all under existing and possibly extended warranty
  • look at the support network in the auto industry, create a stream-lined, easily accessible version - you can rely on the existing cycling industry for 80% of part needs, only need to create space to stock the electric-specific parts - partner with amazon for fast distribution, or something similar...
  • heck, while you're at it, partner with core brands, the motor manufacturers...and find a car company to pair up with - cross sales and selling the future of transport would be a massive win on both sides
Having missed their big chance, the bigger brands came in and pulled the rug out from under their feet. It is highly likely the same will happen to the smaller US companies as well as you begin to see regular offerings from Trek/Spec/Giant drop into the mid-1K price range. Radrover does very well, but they can't last forever selling 4-5 versions of Chinese parts-bin bikes (no offense, they are built well and are chosen parts, but we all know you could spec the same from alibaba with a little courage!).

Finally, their timing (unknowingly) couldn't have come at a worse point - with Coronavirus the market went from its worst year to likely a record breaking sales year - it could have set them down the path to competing with major brands in the US market. The decision to leave was likely set at the latest early this year following a very disapointing 2019 sales year. It is just too bad to see that it isn't working in the US market, and the ability to jump back in and gain any sort of traction at this point is likely lost or will be very difficult to re-acquire.

My 2 cents anyway!

Having 2 BH bikes, a haibike and a bulls bike in the garage, it is sad to see!

I think you are spot on with your analysis of the US domestic bike market. Just like the automotive market, EBike brands need to make a long term commitment.

Alfa, Fiat, Peugeot, and others all suffered the same fate only to try to reenter the market again years later. Time will tell who will be successful in the long run.

I think you are spot on with your analysis of the US domestic bike market. Just like the automotive market, EBike brands need to make a long term commitment.

Alfa, Fiat, Peugeot, and others all suffered the same fate only to try to reenter the market again years later. Time will tell who will be successful in the long run.

I cross my fingers and think maybe, just maybe, with so many sacrificing and all of the working from home, as things return to normal some will begin to realize (myself included, hahaha) that the way we use transportation in the US is in need of a big change. We'll see where things go!

I decided to place my bets on the drive system rather than the bike brand... Shimano and Yamaha in this case.
Based on their long history, they should be around for a long time to provide support and parts as needed. 😉

The one thing I really like about Yamaha so far - a standardized battery across brands! Another big miss for the other manufacturers that allow for individual brands to build out their own battery placement. While it may not be as well integrated (downtube batteries certainly look better), the possibility for cross-bike use is not an insignificant selling point.

Is Bulls an european brand ? B/c it looks like they are still present in the US. Their website looks good, many new models.

Is Bulls an european brand ? B/c it looks like they are still present in the US. Their website looks good, many new models.
Bulls bikes is German based, and have shown no efforts to pull out of the US market.

Totally different company than BH bikes, which this thread is discussing. BH is based out of Spain.

Yes , i know they are totally different , someone mentioned earlier about other brands leaving the NA market and i wasn't sire about Bulls.

The Question is then, did Bulls sold a lot more ebikes then Bh , that made them decided to stay ?

Or is their marketing strategy better , and they are here for the long term ?

Back