Best retailer in the UK??

hugow

Region
United Kingdom
Hi All,

hope you are doing great and had a fantastic Christmas!!

Anyone here from the UK? Hello!!! I am pretty new to the Ebike field and would like to know which retailer do you like the most and buy an e-bike from them??

Would it be Halford coz they are big?? or the new startup Pure Electric - seems like they have the best deal in the market (in terms of price) or like Evans?

Who would be the best retailers to buy an e-bike? I have no idea if there's any different of buying the same bike from different retailers.

HOpe to hear from you soon

Many tahanks

Hi Hugow.
I think your question is a significant and important on.
Regarding Halfords. they seem to be much more focused on cycling and cyclists these days than a few yrs ago. Yes they do sell a number of Ebikes and provide the necessary back and servicing. My wife bought her Pendleton from them.
But like me after a lot of research for the ebike I decided to buy Halfords was not an option. I went to a fairly local independent bike shop. . THey were extremely good in that they provided mudguards and a rack for free. However I have to admit I didn't do a vital bit of research that I should have done. Servicing. I believed they would service the bosch motor etc. No they don't. So I now have to find the nearest bosch servicing shop to me. As yet I have no idea.
As a rider to this and very important.....Some shops will only service the bikes they sell which is understandable.
So take care and good luck

I personally wouldn’t buy from a UK retailer as you are paying for staff wages, insurance, advertising, rent, storage etc. Buy direct via alibaba and get a much better specification bike for less than half the price.

I would rather give my business to a local bike shop who are there to serve you and do whatever servicing needs if I cannot do it. I can see the bike first and have a test ride . I can ask questions and feel confident about the purchase I am making. Perhaps I am spending more than one might having a bike delivered from some impersonal company across the globe online. My choice of bike after much research wasnt available online anyway. However I am helping the local businesses to survive.
Each to their own.

Back