best place to buy a second batter for rad rhino

wub

Hi all. I don't think this has been covered yet, but where is the best (cheapest) place to buy a direct replacement second battery, for my Rad Rhino, with correct connectors etc? I intent to carry this on the rack and just swap over when the first one runs out, on long trips. Rad are charging about 599 euro.

I guess the other way is to buy the triangle battery thing from Bolton bikes? I just bought the upgraded controller and screen from them, but not yet fitted. How much extra lofe over the standard battery will the Triangle battery give over the standard battery?

Thanks for that. i will have to research weather there is anything that uses the rad connector.

This is the only place where I found a Rad to XT90 adaptor and it has been sold out since like past may or June

I ordered mine in July and still haven't receive it (it is finally en route after almost 6 months).

I did find another website that offers the same adaptor but it is sold out and couldn't get any response from the vendor when I contacted them several times.

Last edited:
If you have been waiting for that long, wouldn't it be easier and faster to just solder XT90 connector to Rad connector?

Anyways,

Thanks for the link.

Thing is I still want to use the regular Rad battery. I am not sure how easily I would have been able to do it after soldering a XT90 connector.

No I have a spare large battery when I will be touring (like over 150 km (~90 miles)/day) but it is large and cumbersome.

For my commuting, I'll stick to the Rad battery which is only 6 months old (purchased my Rhino this past June).

Thanks for the link.

Thing is I still want to use the regular Rad battery. I am not sure how easily I would have been able to do it after soldering a XT90 connector.
The plan is to use XT90's on both sides of the connection. From then on, any battery with an XT90 connector will work fine. No more hard to find (or impossible to find) connectors needed.

The plan is to use XT90's on both sides of the connection. From then on, any battery with an XT90 connector will work fine. No more hard to find (or impossible to find) connectors needed.
True, I guess at the end of the day, I was just too intimated to do electronic works.

My bike came with XT60.
Use XT60's. They're good connectors. If given the choice though, I would go with 90's. They're easier for my big paws to get a grip on when pulling them apart....

My spare battery uses XT90. Will comment about the adaptor when it is received.

Back