Best Mid drive ebike 1000w under $3000 in stock July 2021?

if you like to tinker there is always the option of a BBSHD build, i have seen some cool ones around here, you could probably buy a Kit bike and have it put together pretty fast for less than $3000! figure $650 for a BBSHD kit,$1000 for whatever donor bike, another 600 for a Battery pack? just throwin it out there😁 i would still just wait for the bike you ordered

this is also true,having more than one bike never hurt anyone!
Yes, agreed. Money says one bike right now. By the time I order, tinker(hate exposed wires), find correct matching parts, wait for them to get shipped, etc could've waited or might spend more to get them asap. I prefer to get a pre-fab bike as a baseline and then modify. Eleven as you know got the fat-hd for $2221 with alarm, lock, mirror, pannier, and phone holder. Hard to beat.

Luna sell a bare bones BBSHD motor for $499 to upgrade a BBS02 bike. It’s supposedly a direct easy swap. So if you can find a decent BBS02 based bike for a good price you can easily upgrade it to bbshd.

Luna sell a bare bones BBSHD motor for $499 to upgrade a BBS02 bike. It’s supposedly a direct easy swap. So if you can find a decent BBS02 based bike for a good price you can easily upgrade it to bbshd.
I like your thinking Brian, new perspective. Searching now. Biktrix juggernaut in stock but $2700 would be perfect, if not so expensive. Basically same as bike I order but with old motor and no extras smh.

I like your thinking Brian, new perspective. Searching now. Biktrix juggernaut in stock but $2700 would be perfect, if not so expensive. Basically same as bike I order but with old motor and no extras smh.
My bike is a 2018 based on a BBS02 so I’ve been saving this link for an eventual upgrade

My bike is a 2018 based on a BBS02 so I’ve been saving this link for an eventual upgrade
Yes, luna is the real deal. If a motors goes bad def replacing with one of theirs. Found a bike with bbs02 Rambo for 1739, guess what no front suspension 10ah batt. Looks like I will be waiting. Surron is what made me look at an ebike in first place. Realized I needed something that could go anywhere (including bike trails) and could pedal without law enforcement bothering me.

Yes, luna is the real deal. If a motors goes bad def replacing with one of theirs. Found a bike with bbs02 Rambo for 1739, guess what no front suspension 10ah batt. Looks like I will be waiting. Surron is what made me look at an ebike in first place. Realized I needed something that could go anywhere (including bike trails) and could pedal without law enforcement bothering me.
Where did you find it?

Mine is a 2018 Rambo r750g3. It was low geared for off road riding and pulling game out of the woods so I had to upgrade the front sprocket to 52t for road speeds. I was fortunate that a hunting/archery shop stopped carrying the Rambo’s several years ago and he was just trying to get this one out of his shop. I got it last summer for $1200 and plan on eventually upgrading to a BBSHD. I did put a comfort seat, suspension seat post, adjustable stem riser and swept back handlebars on it.

I also just ordered a spare 48v 20ah battery for it and the parallel cord with Anderson connectors to run that battery and my original battery in parallel. So I’ll have 30.4ah to play with now. https://bafangusadirect.com/collections/all/products/parallel-battery-connector-cable
C7F39DF5-7E43-426A-82F5-B8CA172FB6DB.jpeg

Last edited:
Where did you find it?

Mine is a 2018 Rambo r750g3. It was low geared for off road riding and pulling game out of the woods so I had to upgrade the front sprocket to 52t for road speeds. I was fortunate that a hunting/archery shop stopped carrying the Rambo’s several years ago and he was just trying to get this one out of his shop. I got it last summer for $1200 and plan on eventually upgrading to a BBSHD. I did put a comfort seat, suspension seat post, adjustable stem riser and swept back handlebars on it.

I also just ordered a spare 48v 20ah battery for it and the parallel cord with Anderson connectors to run that battery and my original battery in parallel. https://bafangusadirect.com/collections/all/products/parallel-battery-connector-cable
View attachment 92699
Yeah you lucked up, for that price front suspension who? Found it for about 1999 with a few discounts at other stores.

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/rambo...eF_YPPueu6HyBW6BkGPvrMdWqvIRaiZ4aAujSEALw_wcB

Yeah you lucked up, for that price front suspension who? Found it for about 1999 with a few discounts at other stores.

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/rambo...eF_YPPueu6HyBW6BkGPvrMdWqvIRaiZ4aAujSEALw_wcB
I found someone locally who builds Bafang bikes who had the cable and the custom Luna coding box who removed the Rambo 19mph speed limit programmed into their controller for me, and put a 25mph limit in it instead and changed around the 1 through 5 assist levels. Big improvement.

I also added 3/4” spacers between the pedal crank arms and the pedals so my heels wouldn’t keep hitting the crank arms with every rotation.

I also replaced the original Juggernaut tires with Origin8 Supercells for road use with less rolling resistance. They retail for $50-$90 each online but I found an unused pair on FB Marketplace for $20.

Last edited:
I found someone locally who builds Bafang bikes who had the cable and the custom Luna coding box who removed the Rambo 19mph speed limit programmed into their controller for me, and put a 25mph limit in it instead and changed around the 1 through 5 assist levels. Big improvement.

I also added 3/4” spacers between the pedal crank arms and the pedals so my heels wouldn’t keep hitting the crank arms with every rotation.

I also replaced the original Juggernaut tires with Origin8 Supercells for road use with less rolling resistance. They retail for $50-$90 each online but I found an unused pair on FB Marketplace for $20.
That's pretty much the same game I like to play. Find something as close as you can to what you're thinking of (good bones!) and start there, making the bike you're own. It not difficult at all if you start with a bike with as few proprietary parts as possible. You can take them in a hundred different directions.... and make it your own.

Where did you find it?

I also just ordered a spare 48v 20ah battery for it and the parallel cord with Anderson connectors to run that battery and my original battery in parallel. So I’ll have 30.4ah to play with now. https://bafangusadirect.com/collections/all/products/parallel-battery-connector-cable
View attachment 92699
Found this as well. Emailing with rep now, scared to purchase though. They claim they have some warehouse in US and can have to me in about a week. Keep you posted. Take out bbs02 sell and put Luna bbshd in.

Found this as well. Emailing with rep now, scared to purchase though. They claim they have some warehouse in US and can have to me in about a week. Keep you posted. Take out bbs02 sell and put Luna bbshd in.

Hmm…the add says BBS02 twice and it says BBSHD twice on the same page. I’d ask for some definite input on which. But with front and rear suspension it seems like a good deal, even if it does use the BBS02 motor.

Plus it should already be geared for road use, unlike hunting e bikes like the Rambo.

Hmm…the add says BBS02 twice and it says BBSHD twice on the same page. I’d ask for some definite input on which. But with front and rear suspension it seems like a good deal, even if it does use the BBS02 motor.
I know weird, watching a Bolton review of the bike now. Seems like a no go. It's a bbs02 though, they have the bbshd as well not in stock and about $300 more.

your Eunarou is a better than the Rambo and has some extras but your mistaken on the torque sensor, Eunorau Fat HD have a cadence sensor,speed sensor and a gear sensor,the BBSHD motor cant support torque sensors. One other thing to note is Bafang have just updated and changed the shape of the 2022 BBSHD,how this will effect getting parts and replacement motors in the future is unclear right now, who knows,maybe they will be interchangeable?
1625809000094.png
1625809049454.png

if the bike has an integrated motor frame like that Accolmile posted above the BBSHD will not fit,the cavity is to small, for your Rambo its an easy direct swap!

your Eunarou is a better than the Rambo and has some extras but your mistaken on the torque sensor, Eunorau Fat HD have a cadence sensor,speed sensor and a gear sensor,the BBSHD motor cant support torque sensors. One other thing to note is Bafang have just updated and changed the shape of the 2022 BBSHD,how this will effect getting parts and replacement motors in the future is unclear right now, who knows,maybe they will be interchangeable?
View attachment 92708View attachment 92712
In the 2021 update i think they have a torque sensor (how this is possible with bbshd) idk according to electrified review. Maybe new models have torque sensor?

Last edited:
if the bike has an integrated motor frame like that Accolmile posted above the BBSHD will not fit,the cavity is to small, for your Rambo its an easy direct swap!
Thanks for the tip didn't even notice the motor was integrated with bbs02 may over heat in there as well. No wonder it looks smooth. Ashame looks don't equal function. They said they could have to me in 3 to 5 days...smh always something d@mn d@mn d@mn!

Last edited:
In the 2021 update i think they have a torque sensor (how this is possible with bbshd) idk according to electrified review.

Nothing against Brent he is awesome but not known for super accurate specs lol, they are wrong,they don't mention what motor is in that bike because they don't even know it's a BBSHD,they probably thought it was an m620 but i can tell you100% the bike will not have a torque sensor. I also own that bike, that's just a grey Biktrix HD lol,the brakes are still labeled Biktrix! You cannot have a torque sensor on a Bbshd or a Bbs02 but the g510/m620 and m600 are torque sensor.

Nothing against Brent he is awesome but not known for super accurate specs lol, they are wrong,they don't mention what motor is in that bike because they don't even know it's a BBSHD,they probably thought it was an m620 but i can tell you100% the bike will not have a torque sensor. I also own that bike, that's just a grey Biktrix HD lol,the brakes are still labeled Biktrix! You cannot have a torque sensor on a Bbshd or a Bbs02 but the g510/m620 and m600 are torque sensor.
Haha sad why list all that if you don't know what you're talking about. Why would eunorau put this review on their page, feels like false advertising. Where's the tax payer funded FTC(j/k) when you need them?Do you notice a big difference between your ultra and bbshd?

Last edited:
That revelation has me taking a 2nd and 3rd look at the Rize rx pro. But then again I see there schedule is also pushed back
Screenshot_20210709-073142_Brave.jpg

I was going to suggest you keep in mind that M600 is in play now as well. A lot of power available, but not quite at the Ultra level. I don't know for sure one way or the other if it has torque sensing. Bigger point is it's out there, and if ordering one, I'd want to know more about it.... -Al

Back