BEST LECTRIC BIKE LOCK

Hey FlBound, Im watching your thread hoping good info shows up! So many locks in the higher range (less breakable) are heavey & small. No putting them around a tree! Im wondering how to lock two bikes to our bumper rack (is not a bike rack) etc. I've been thinking a good U lock for each bike and a cable to join them.
There are so many locks out there, and it doesnt look like they will all fit our spacific bike. (Still waiting for mine to come) Hoping SOMEBODY says something about all this!

Hey FlBound, Im watching your thread hoping good info shows up! So many locks in the higher range (less breakable) are heavey & small. No putting them around a tree! Im wondering how to lock two bikes to our bumper rack (is not a bike rack) etc. I've been thinking a good U lock for each bike and a cable to join them.
There are so many locks out there, and it doesnt look like they will all fit our spacific bike. (Still waiting for mine to come) Hoping SOMEBODY says something about all this!

I got one of these from Kryptonite. It's a 4-1/4-foot noose, and you can make two separate loops using the included U-lock. Might fit your needs. It ain't cheap & it ain't light though.

I have a chain and Ulock, both kryptonite at the moment & a GPS tracker hidden for peace of mind. When the year warrenty runs out I may go for this Bully Bike lock, its a U lock that has a built in alarm and pager that lets you know if the alarm goes off within 700m (advertised). Seems legit.

Last edited:
I have a chain and Ulock, both kryptonite at the moment & a GPS tracker hidden for peace of mind. When the year warrenty runs out I may go for this Bully Bike lock, its a U lock that has a built in alarm and pager that lets you know if the alarm goes off within 700m (advertised). Seems legit.

Thanks for the Bully Bike Lock recommendation--I purchased it and I am using it.

How are you liking it so far?

So far, so good. Works as advertised. Sensitive and the alarm is LOUD and the pager works. Have not tested range extensively, but I don't plan on being too far from my bike nor away too long.

Call it overkill but whatever as I spent 1800 on 2 bikes but heres my security measures.

1.Kryptonite 1016 5ft chain for both bikes and bought into their 5yr anti theft program (caution kryptonite only reimburse 1 bike per chain)

2. Xena xx6 (caution: at the moment xena confirmed no alerts sent to phone only alarm controls) https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0786RWRP5?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

3. Tile sticker hidden with battery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W4XYTP...olid=2JBVP4LRSAOIJ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Hi, i also have been looking at this lock. Not many reviews around for it. did you invest?
Thanks for your reply.
No, I haven’t pull the plug yet. The reason is I’m still not sure what to do about the seat post + seat, it’s easily removed if we don’t have some kind of restraint, I’m thinking of buying the above U-lock along with a 6-ft cabling to be used in tandem!
Any thoughts please?
David

Thanks for your reply.
No, I haven’t pull the plug yet. The reason is I’m still not sure what to do about the seat post + seat, it’s easily removed if we don’t have some kind of restraint, I’m thinking of buying the above U-lock along with a 6-ft cabling to be used in tandem!
Any thoughts please?
David

Yes, buy the reasonably best to secure the seat+seatpost:

Kryptonite KryptoFlex Looped Bike Security Cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NORUJW/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_KPo-EbV4RXZJ7

I don't know much about e-bike locks but Kryptonite seems the safest one to go with. I bought one and it seems pretty solid lock

Thanks for your reply.
Any thoughts please?
David
Found a lot of bad reviews about those noke bike locks. After a lot of searching im going with the kryptonite new york m18 u lock with a 4 foot cable. At some point will add a gps tracker. Found a nice one on invoxia.com. Hidden inside a bike reflector. As my girlfriend is only a very part time cyclists on a cheap bike while i was at it i bought her a dinoka bike lock. looks sturdy enough for only 25 euros. hope this helps. jb

Found a lot of bad reviews about those noke bike locks. After a lot of searching im going with the kryptonite new york m18 u lock with a 4 foot cable. At some point will add a gps tracker. Found a nice one on invoxia.com. Hidden inside a bike reflector. As my girlfriend is only a very part time cyclists on a cheap bike while i was at it i bought her a dinoka bike lock. looks sturdy enough for only 25 euros. hope this helps. jb
Thanks so much, #jbd!

Look at soldsecure.com website. Had my bike insured, these are the locks the insurance company stipulated. I brought the mini- 7 u lock-comes with a cable as well.There is also a frame mount to put it on.

Can you share some info on what kind of GPS tracker you have installed. How much it cost and is there any monthly cost for installing GPS. I just received new bike today. I want to protect the bike with GPS and I have ABUS strong lock as well.

I used to have a hidden tracker that I hid into the frame, but I found that by doing that it was seriously limiting the GPS tracking feature because its based off GSM cellphone networks and it needs to get a signal to be working correctly.

Anyways since I had that figured out, I got a new GPS tracker that is built hidden into a LED Backlight. It looks completely normal and has nothing indicating that it is a GPS tracker, I have been using it now for a month and its great. It has all the same features as the old GPS tracker I had hidden in the frame but just with better connectivity and accuracy.

With all GPS trackers you need an additional sim card for GPS service or you are paying for their companies service. I have been using speedtalk mobile for 5 a month.

Great peace of mind....

Last edited:
Back