BEST LECTRIC BIKE LOCK

Here’s a screenshot of a part of the tracking feature, it’s great 👍
6CF87382-5A33-48ED-AAA0-9620ED6463D4.png

I used to have a hidden tracker that I hid into the frame, but I found that by doing that it was seriously limiting the GPS tracking feature because its based off GSM cellphone networks and it needs to get a signal to be working correctly.

Anyways since I had that figured out, I got a new GPS tracker that is built hidden into a LED Backlight. It looks completely normal and has nothing indicating that it is a GPS tracker, I have been using it now for a month and its great. It has all the same features as the old GPS tracker I had hidden in the frame but just with better connectivity and accuracy.

With all GPS trackers you need an additional sim card for GPS service or you are paying for their companies service. I have been using speedtalk mobile for 5 a month.

Great peace of mind....
Thanks a lot friend. I will get same tracker from Amazon and see, if, I can find speedtalk mobile within Toronto Canada. If not, I will have to look for another company that is less than $10 per month. Will give peace of mind while at work when the bike is parked outside.

By the way is it easy to install the GPS LED Backlight? By the way, I have Lectric XP ebike.

Yeah its very easy, its actually a removable mount which makes it a bit troublesome in a way. The screws can be hand twisted with the help of the plastic guard things; so I am actually looking to either replace them with permanant screws or JD weld them on or something so the LED backlight never actually gets removed.
NWxAMry.jpg

Yeah its very easy, its actually a removable mount which makes it a bit troublesome in a way. The screws can be hand twisted with the help of the plastic guard things; so I am actually looking to either replace them with permanant screws or JD weld them on or something so the LED backlight never actually gets removed.View attachment 57203
I will go with weld because the thieves in downtown Toronto was highly skilled. I will beat their ass and make it hard to steal the bike.

I have quick release skewers on front wheel. Has anyone switched these out for pitlock skewer. Are they worth changing over for? Their expensive enough from Germany.

Thanks for your reply.
No, I haven’t pull the plug yet. The reason is I’m still not sure what to do about the seat post + seat, it’s easily removed if we don’t have some kind of restraint, I’m thinking of buying the above U-lock along with a 6-ft cabling to be used in tandem!
Any thoughts please?
David
For the seatpost and seat you can get pinhead looks, not cheap but I feel like it helps

I bought a Kryptonite Keeper 785 - 33.5" chain lock. Seems very secure and wraps easily around the seat post when not in use. From Amazon ~ $40.

Could you tell us how wide this lock is at its widest point? I am really wanting a Thousand helmet, and they have a hole built in to lock the helmet up with the bike. I'm wondering if this chain would fit through that hole.

To lock your wheel or seat post Abus makes nutfix. It replaces the quick release. It can only be opened if bike turned on its side. Idea is bike properly locked cannot be turned on its side. Do not need a special key to open. Kryptonite makes something similar.

I'm looking for the best Lectric bike lock to lock 2 bikes on our trips to town. Any recommendations ?

[Apparently I like a lot of noise when it comes to bike security IE alarms. I just installed a tail/brakelight that is also a vibration 115 alarm, man is it loud, touch the bike and my ears are hurting. Well like I said I like noise sooo, I bought an Abus 440a u lock which happens to also have an 100 db alarm : ). So while the perp is trying to find one alarm the other one is sounding, add another lock (two total) to the mix and a GPS sticker....go for it, make my day.
Total cost, $ 31 for the tail/alarm and $67 for the abus. Oh and the tail alarm flashes the tail light as it's blaring.

Getting a good bike lock important.

However, here's what happened to people who who bought really expensive and heavy duty bike locks.

Something to consider? 🤔

Cut bike rack | Someone cut this bike rack in Hyde Park on 5… | Flickr

Philadelphia Bike Thieves Are Cutting the Bike Rack

Bike thief cuts through bike rack, takes $2K Trek
There are some very loud vibration alarms out there for not much money.

I recently added this alarm with remote to my XP and feel that it adds another level of security for not too much money ($13 each X 2). The link is for two identical alarms & remotes, but we have white and a black XPs, so a slight savings on 2 vs. a single unit.

I mounted them between the fore and aft rails on the rear rack. They are completely hidden, which was my intent. I've seen some attached alarms that seemly could be torn off the bike and heel stomped pretty easily, so I thought keeping it out of sight has a little more security value. I just used two zip ties for mounting and with the siren facing down. They do not interfere with the rack, or anything else on the bike. They are trapped by the cross rails, so there is little movement possible also. With the free panniers, or any other type of bag or cargo on the rack they dissappear, but are still perfectly functional. With the panniers strapped in place, they are well hidden but still quite loud and not easily discovered or accessed by a thief. It is possible to program both alarms to be controlled by one remote, but I have not set that up.

Top View of Rear Rack (With Panniers peeled back)
picture2.jpg

Side View without Panniers in place

picture1.jpg

Nice description and pictures. Do you know if the alarm would work okay if my bike was laid down in the bed of my pickup?

I can think of no reason it would not function normally. They seem to be independent of orientation for mounting, so I assume that would carry over to usage. I believe most solid state devices share this trait.

Are you using 2 on the same bike?
No, I bought two because we have two Lectric XP's. when I bought my alarms they were priced 2 for $26 and came with two remotes and installation accessories. There are a bunch of identical units for sale on Amazon from what I can tell.

I will go with weld because the thieves in downtown Toronto was highly skilled. I will beat their ass and make it hard to steal the bike.
Thrashed a few thieves in India two decades ago. Now not very sure if it’s a good idea. If they have angled cutters, I would expect atleast a knife. IMO, when in my own, as long as I can make them leave my bike and go away, it’s a win. If Agrippa of like minded bicyclists, yes definitely game to teach a lesson.

I use cable locks also, but all professionals tell me the U locks are the strongest. This UShake is dependable and easy to: put on, take off, and changing combination numbers. I ride rain or shine with this lock hanging in under the seat, so it gets wet. In the months I've had it, it has not rusted.

Last edited:
Back