BBS02 Question.... Minimum Cadence for Safe Motor Operation / Temperate?

I'm not positive, but I think I remember reading that the DPC-18 can be washed out in bright light.
If you are willing to wait around 20 days, the displays are a little less expensive on Aliexpress.com... Just buy from a reputable seller
California eBike is another source
Good to know about the wash out... the 860c seem like its more colorful, i just liked the 5th button on the DPC-18 but i would probably go with the 860c. My biggest reason for a new controller is actual battery voltage indication.

It looks like a great tool.... very technical... I had all to do to wrap my head around it.

I discovered ebikes last year... they open up an entire new world for riding. I have had motorcycles and dirt bikes, i am not looking to go too fast. But the mid drive ebike has this amazing torque at low speeds that I feel like can climb anything. Its nice to be able to sit back and enjoy the scenery while the motor does the work and pedal to add effort on the fly when I feel like it.

So when i found out someone made an ebike motor simulator i thought that was cool to be able to calculate efficiency. Unfortunately my Bafang C691 display does not have a watt meter but i can kind of feel what is efficient but is nice to have a program that can illustrate it. This is similar to flying jet aircraft (my profession), efficiency is very import for range (engine power, speed and the right altitude to fly). With the ebike the variables are assist level, proper gear, cadence, speed and pedaling effort..... 5 Variables!!!! Thats more than a jet.

E-bike LOOKS simple, and they ARE simple - until you start playing the efficiency game. That's when you realize there's a bit more to this. I thought I knew what I was doing when if first climbed on my first one. That lasted about 100 miles. At that point, it became clear I could do WAY better - and eventually I did - but I bet it took me another 400 miles! Point being, we're actually pretty lousy riders early on. Then the realization starts becoming more clear, and the challenge to become as efficient as possible begins. 5 years later I'm still playing that game on every ride!

Pilot here too, but I was never driven to do that for a living. I found I enjoyed working on them as much as flying them. I was invited to take the A&P test a couple of times, but I didn't want to do that for a living either! I was heavily involved in IT for a living, and flew/worked on planes to relax....

Mine came with a DPC18, and I didn't care for that after seeing a 750C. Like the horizontal layout and sided by side speed/watt meter. Color does wash out a bit in bright sun, but I've never found it difficult to read. Just not as easy. If changing displays, make sure UART is mentioned somewhere as that's the protocol you need. -Al

https://www.amazon.com/BAFANG-Elect...1622118769&sprefix=bafang+750c,aps,532&sr=8-4

Good to know about the wash out... the 860c seem like its more colorful, i just liked the 5th button on the DPC-18 but i would probably go with the 860c. My biggest reason for a new controller is actual battery voltage indication.
From what I can tell.. The 5th button is a dedicated headlight on/off
The 860c uses a long press of the + PAS and/or automatic light sensor to accomplish this.
And yes, having a real time voltage display was a primary reason for me choosing a more advanced display

Looks like the 860c is the way to go.

The best way to ruin a hobby is to turn it into a profession.
I do think it the best of the displays as it has a phone grade screen with Gorilla Glass... Though a horizontal layout as mentioned above would have been preferred.
All of these little tid_bits keep it interesting. Like Mr. Hicks I amuse myself by trying to squeeze out efficiency and push myself physically to use less energy... somewhat ironic.

Seriously?
That little detail called chainline?
Yes. I was curious as to what type of bike and drivetrain the OP has here. Hmmm...looking at that brand, it may be a fat tire bike and that might provide a whole different chainline setup. I've never dealt with an FT bike.

Back