Battery charges but puts out no voltage

LivingSketch

Region
USA
Hello everybody!

About a week ago while riding my bike around, the entire system abruptly shut down giving no signs of life. I checked everything from checking the fuse, cords for damage, off and on, etc. which had no errors. I took it to my LBS to get a test. Which lead to no readings of life on my battery. I even encountered the same issues with my own testing.
In addition I tested the charger port which did give life. But not the prongs where it connects to the bike.
Bike model: RURUI XT9
Battery: 48v 14.5AH
Would it be safe to assume my bikes battery is the cause or the controller? Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated?
(Photos attached for reference)

Attachments

• 0FF2CC6A-34BD-4CEA-851C-DF3B216C2076.jpeg
    0FF2CC6A-34BD-4CEA-851C-DF3B216C2076.jpeg
    460.8 KB · Views: 247
  • 1589FEAE-0D06-4F39-81C6-696E3ABF1180.jpeg
    1589FEAE-0D06-4F39-81C6-696E3ABF1180.jpeg
    618.6 KB · Views: 272
The battery is the "storage" device for the electricity, which ALSO controls your controller. If you have power from the output of the charger and a good electrical connection of the contacts between the two, the battery can be the only issue.

Sounds like a loss of connection within the battery. I would suspect a loose wire. Not the sort of thing that is going to get fixed without opening up the battery case and looking inside.

Sounds like a loss of connection within the battery. I would suspect a loose wire. Not the sort of thing that is going to get fixed without opening up the battery case and looking inside.
Could heat possibly kill the battery even? Context: I live in the dessert where it gets up to 95°F on average lately

On many batteries there is an internal fuse located just inside. If open, this will create your problem. BE CAREFUL on the OTHER side of the fuse as to not short out the battery!!!

Heat is not a friend of batteries for sure. Some charging circuits may have a temperature regulator on the battery charging circuit to limit a charge to a particular temperature.
When a battery is being charged it will become warm, and this temperature regulation may be done to prevent over charging.

Would it be theoretically posable to run the bike from the charging port? It would likely bypass the BMS which could create a horror show, but just asking; like if MacGyver were stuck in a submarine, could he do it for power to run his blow dryer with a DC/AC inverter in a hair emergency?
1663958488288.jpeg

On many batteries there is an internal fuse located just inside. If open, this will create your problem. BE CAREFUL on the OTHER side of the fuse as to not short out the battery!!!
Agree. Could be an internal fuse blew. or a wire came loose off the discharge port. The latter does happen.

It could also be the BMS detected a battery fault, like too much current, but they usually reset after a few minutes, or if not, then after you plug in the charger. Have you tried that?

If it's under warranty, now's a good time to put RURUI to the test. Unless you're as smart as MacGyver, don't be opening up batteries. Just having the hair doesn't count.

Back