Battery and chain throwing issues

Jan

My Overdrive Exec is going strong with 2ooo miles.The battery no longer holds much of a charge and the same distance that used to take about 1/4 of the battery, now takes 100%. The dealer called Currie. They told me to ride the battery to depletion 4 times. I did. . . . it got worse. When I am in the highest gear, with level 4 assist, the chain flies off the front chain ring. Also the chain slides all over the rear cassette jumping gears like crazy.

What a shame: such a great bike, but such poor customer support. I bought it from a big box store Performance Bikes. I did get a good deal. But Performance tells me they know nothing about electric bikes and can't help me. When I tried to send the battery back, because it is still under warranty, the dealer had two words for me BACK ORDERED. I decided to buy a new battery. Based on the "Currie" history I've experienced, I'll probably get my "new" $700 battery before they fulfill the warranty battery.

It is my estimation that somewhere in China the maker of my "back ordered" battery is now being born. Even though China supports child labor, I'd say it will be a good 12 years before I see any battery. Again, love the bike; hate the frequent trouble. My $900 crowd-funded bike never gave me one problem. . . oh wait, yes the charger went out. I got a new one the next day from the company.

Has anyone had similar issues?

Your chain drop and rear cassette issues are probably your usual stretched chain and/or worn rear cassette - these things happen on all bikes and are standard wear and tear. You can replace both for very little money.

Your chain drop and rear cassette issues are probably your usual stretched chain and/or worn rear cassette - these things happen on all bikes and are standard wear and tear. You can replace both for very little money.
Thank you. This is great info. If I could fix these issues, my bike would be perfect. I will tell the bike mechanic what you said. Thanks again

Thank you. This is great info. If I could fix these issues, my bike would be perfect. I will tell the bike mechanic what you said. Thanks again

And remember; don't short change yourself on the chain, get a good one as mid drive ebikes put out a lot of torque. If you can, get an ebike rated one - they are harder and more resistant to stretching.

Thank you. I was looking at some that are advertised in my e-bike magazine. The chain on there looks good buy it very well might be stretched.

When I had warranty issues with my eBikes, I called the Distributor or Regional Rep.. Those guys were very interested in my problems after I explained how much I like my bike, how often I use it, and how active I am on social media.

Suggest calling the Distributor or the Regional Rep for Diamondback or Currie.. It may take a little work to figure out who that is.. You might have to call the National office first.

When I had warranty issues with my eBikes, I called the Distributor or Regional Rep.. Those guys were very interested in my problems after I explained how much I like my bike, how often I use it, and how active I am on social media.

Suggest calling the Distributor or the Regional Rep for Diamondback or Currie.. It may take a little work to figure out who that is.. You might have to call the National office first.
Thank you for this suggestion. I actually did call Currie. They suggested I go to a certified dealer

Back