Bafang PAS 5 levels vs 9

Thanks for the response,in an old video online Chris Head mentions you cant just change to 9 PAS in the display because the way they have it programmed you would just duplicate settings.

Funny he mentions a Legrand and that they are there to stay.

Got this cheap to start but my next bike I will be from a company thats established

I think the OP is funny. If I slice a pie into five pieces, why is the first slice bigger than if I slice and pie into nine pieces? I will be programing one of these later today. I am waiting for one part to arrive later today.

After MUCH testing I'm pretty confident that the correlation between the 9 PAS and 5 PAS are as follows:
PAS 5 -> PAS 9
0 -> 0
1 -> 2
2 -> 4
3 -> 6
4 -> 8
5 -> 9

After MUCH testing I'm pretty confident that the correlation between the 9 PAS and 5 PAS are as follows:
PAS 5 -> PAS 9
0 -> 0
1 -> 2
2 -> 4
3 -> 6
4 -> 8
5 -> 9
Eco mode, 5 PAS levels - 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9
Sport mode, 5 PAS levels - 2, 4, 6, 8, and 9

Agree with Tom above. This really makes very little difference - unless - you are playing within/editing the UART set up where there are many variables that can/will effect each of the 9 available levels.

PAS 5 -> PAS 9
0 -> 0
1 -> 2
2 -> 4
3 -> 6
4 -> 8
5 -> 9
Yes this is the same for me with a 500c display and BBS02b.

A lot of guides were saying 5 PAS were mapped to:

0 = 0
1 = 1
2 = 3
3 = 5
4 = 7
5 = 9

But that is not the case for my setup.

Really confused me initially!

You can resolve it without knowing exactly the mapping if you have chosen 5 PAS in your display settings by just doubling up the levels as follows (this will cover any situation where the mapping is not as expected):

mysettings.PNG

Last edited:
But that is not the case for my setup.
Its important for people to realize how the display maps 5 levels from 9 levels in the controller varies by display. This tab is available in the Bafang Config Tool illustrating some of the differences. And I bet they can be expected to drift if there is a firmware change.

I have two DM03's and two DZ40's and all of them mirror the 1/3/5/7/9 conversion.

ScrnShot_07-10-23_01.52 PM.JPG

Back