Bafang DCP-18 display reading 4,294,967 miles. Any way to do a factory reset?

Tom@WashDC

Region
USA
City
Loudoun County, VA.
Checked my odometer this evening on my Bafang DCP-18 display on my Luna Z1. I have not ridden even close to four million miles on this bike in a year. I reached out to Luna just now to see if they have a solution. I've read of a few people having this same problem reading 4M miles, but have not found any solutions. Anyone experience this?

DCP18.jpg

You've been busy! 😁

I have a lightly used one (maybe 3-400 miles?) that'll likely never be used that I could send you but it's 1100 miles from here. Won't see it until November.

Is the odometer still working? Calibration issue?

You've been busy! 😁

I have a lightly used one (maybe 3-400 miles?) that'll likely never be used that I could send you but it's 1100 miles from here. Won't see it until November.

Is the odometer still working? Calibration issue?
:) I don't know, I'll test it out today to see if it is till clocking miles. The trip odometer works. I'm not to worried about it, but it would be nice to have a real odometer reading. If it's not fixable I'll hit you up in November :)

Last edited:
The Bafang Display went completely dead on mt while riding. Never could get it back on. Rode home and tried my other Bafang Display and it worked fine. This is my 2nd Bafang Display to go cometetey dead in the last two years. This display is past the one year warranty. Shout out to Luna Cycles for giving me 50% off on a new display.

I'm in love with my APT 860c display on my BBS02B and it's taken a bit of abuse in 3 years/11000mi.
I'm hoping it's compatible with the Ultra when the time comes. I've been unable to get a definitive answer from anyone. I'm going to try my existing before buying a new one for the Ultra...Hopefully in the near future.

I'm in love with my APT 860c display on my BBS02B and it's taken a bit of abuse in 3 years/11000mi.
I'm hoping it's compatible with the Ultra when the time comes. I've been unable to get a definitive answer from anyone. I'm going to try my existing before buying a new one for the Ultra...Hopefully in the near future.
Yeah my 860C Went bad on my BBSHD last Year. I like that display a lot. It should work on the Ultra.

Back