Bafang DPC-18 Mid-Drive Motor Display Clock Always Running Fast

mail_e36

Hi everyone, I have consistently noticed that my Bafang DPC-18 mid-drive motor display’s clock is running fast.

At first, I thought this was a fluke, but the issue is persistent.

I keep the bike battery completely charged all the time, and the clock on the display will run ahead by about three-five minutes from weekend to weekend riding sessions.

If left on checked, the clock could easily run 10 minutes ahead of time in the space of just a few weeks.

I’m wondering if anyone else has noticed the same behavior.

(I suppose this is a bit of a nitpick, since we all have cell phones while riding to check the time, but it’s nice to look down at the clock and see an accurate reading while at speed. I wonder if this means that the internal processor clock on the motor is running fast, and if there are any implications beyond this cosmetic one.)

Has anyone experienced a similar phenomenon?

Thanks!

Why istill run C961, 963, and 965 B&W. I have color TV at home. ;)

I just have to remind myself to set the clock back 5 minutes every two weeks or so... otherwise after a month it'll be 10+ minutes off, which is a material issue!

I just have to remind myself to set the clock back 5 minutes every two weeks or so... otherwise after a month it'll be 10+ minutes off, which is a material issue!
It's right twice a day, why worry?;)

I usually compare the time on my phone to the display time so I know how much time to subtract on days that I have to back at a certain time. On weekends, % of battery left is usually my clock.

Back