Aventure stuck chsin

Jbiker1

Region
USA
I suspect this is a easy one for. more experienced cyclist. I have no experience with bikes with derailures. I haven't ridden much since I was a kid. A long time ago. Today while riding my chain jumped off and is stuck between the frame and the smallest gear. Is there a easy way to resolve this ,at one point I had it unstuck except for on link. I have the gear selector in 8. Smallest closest gear to frame and chain I was thinking there is a easy way to resolve this. I only have 120 miles on the bike. Derailure has been working fine. Time to lube chain again after I resolve this and be sure it's shifting ok.. Hub drive and throttle saved me a 1.5 mile walk.

Thanks

Your derailleur's limit screw needs to be adjusted. There are two of them, one for high and one for low.
The limit screws ensure that the chain stops in time, and doesn't fall off the the cassette, whether the chain is climbing up the cogs or dropping down them.
With no experience, find a friend to do this. or take it to your local bike shop. It's an easy adjustment.
GOOD LUCK!

Back