Atom Lynx 6 27.5 Pro

Riding bikes keeps us all young. I restored, rode, and raced vintage motorcycles most of my life but got rid of them all when I turned 80 fearing I would kill myself. I got into flying RC planes and drones but with my vision most of my toys just flew away into the wilderness never to be seen again. Now it's bikes and I'm really enjoying it, I enjoy the technology as much as I do the riding. I competed in mountain biking back in the early eighties when it started but I was too old even then to be really competitive. Now 40 years later I'm back at it.

You are so cool 😃!

I wanna be like you when I grow up. 😊

Me too.

Great selection of bikes and toys Feliz. Be safe and keep on enjoying life...

Here's pics of my two BH rides. I live in an area with an abundance of hills in fact my house is on a 10% paved road and I'm minutes away from long 13% and 15 % paved hills. Anyway today I took each bike on the same 12 km hilly route so I could do a comparison and the AtomX won hands down, that included some jumps people had built on the street and jumping curbs and whatever else I could find. I purchased the Rebel over a year ago and the AtomX in October so I hadn't really given the Brose a good workout. I prefer the Brose over the Yamaha, it's smoother and has more power. I mountain bike and did quite a bit of off road riding with the Rebel last summer and really liked it on trails etc.
I have the same Rebel Lynx - have you had any issues with it so far

I have a Lynx 5.5 Lite, has anybody put water bottle cages on these? There are no bosses on the bike.

By the way, I to am an oldster who has rediscovered Mtb! We are very lucky here in MN to have a very active trail building organizations.
I feel 20 years younger(while riding)! 😁

I use the SKS on another bike but for my BH Atom X I ended up using a RoguePanda Bismark Bottle Bucket. It has a built-in bottle cage.

1587766811319.png

1587766863486.png

I have found these to be a GREAT solution to no or lousy-positioned water bottle cage bosses:

https://www.amazon.com/SKS-Germany-11313-Anywhere-Bicycle-Attachment/dp/B00ZFHW1MI

I just ordered three from Amazon, thanks for the post.

When I purchased my AtomX last fall I grabbed an extra battery for $400 CDN but didn't try to use it until last week. The battery was kaput, even though it was fully charged the battery lights or the display would not come on. They gave me another battery to try and it wouldn't work as well. The dealer is giving me a refund telling me there are no more batteries available...........NOT GOOD. what if my one functioning battery goes bad, I'm screwed. I guess BH leaving North America is a bad thing. This is the integrated 700 wh battery which is a great battery if it works.

I just ordered three from Amazon, thanks for the post.

When I purchased my AtomX last fall I grabbed an extra battery for $400 CDN but didn't try to use it until last week. The battery was kaput, even though it was fully charged the battery lights or the display would not come on. They gave me another battery to try and it wouldn't work as well. The dealer is giving me a refund telling me there are no more batteries available...........NOT GOOD. what if my one functioning battery goes bad, I'm screwed. I guess BH leaving North America is a bad thing. This is the integrated 700 wh battery which is a great battery if it works.

I wonder if the voltage droped below the minimum threshold and the BMS is not allowing any current to flow? I would have a battery expert check it out before you return it.

$400? I see CL has them (site says in stock anyways) but they want $1400.

I wonder if the voltage droped below the minimum threshold and the BMS is not allowing any current to flow? I would have a battery expert check it out before you return it.

Well, I fully charged them both. The bike shop I purchased the bike and batteries from has an electrical engineer on staff, he contacted BH and between them they couldn't rectify the issues.

Last edited:
$400? I see CL has them (site says in stock anyways) but they want $1400.

Yes, I paid $440, I didn't ask the dealer any questions. I assume he got them without paying somehow from BH. I checked when I bought it and they were going for $1200 CDN full retail.

I wouldn't have either. Too bad they appear to have turned out to be duds.

Right, I've read elsewhere on the internet that there are issues with the batteries. I wonder if there's a fuse inside the battery case? I don't know but I'm suspecting the dealer got the batteries from BH to address a warranty claim but then didn't need them. He told me he had two at that price and I took one. Turned out not to be a good deal after all.

I spoke to a few BH dealers when deciding between Atom X and Rebel Lynx, and they all said universally that the proprietary BH batteries have a lot of reliability issues.

I spoke to a few BH dealers when deciding between Atom X and Rebel Lynx, and they all said universally that the proprietary BH batteries have a lot of reliability issues.

Don't both bikes have proprietary batteries, both of mine do? Thanks

Last edited:
Interesting. None of the BH dealers I talked to even mentioned or broached the subject. My battery is 6 months old with no issues. Hopefully it stays that way.

Don't both bikes have proprietary batteries, both of mine do? Thanks

The Rebel Lynx with the Yamaha system uses standard yamaha batteries. They are interchangeable across brands that use yamaha motors (eg. BH, Haibike, Yamaha bikes, etc.). They are built by Yamaha in Japan.

Back