Atom Lynx 6 27.5 Pro

Here she is resting in the garage. Anything specific you want to see? I can take more pics tomorrow when it gets light.

i-STtWxBW-X4.jpg

What is that bottle cage mount that you have strapped around your top tube?

Nice looking bike with the integrated Brose motor/battery... it was on my shortlist when I was looking for E MTB last year.

I ended up getting the BH Rebel Lynx with the Yamaha PW-X drive system outfitted with similar competent specifications.

I'll have to admit that the Brose motor was one of those which really 'wowed' me when I first rode one (Raleigh Tamland iE). Didn't quite get that same feeling on my Haibike AllMtn 2.0 with its PW-X, although I'm fairly certain that the Yamaha system will end up being the more robust of the two. But I'm not too hard on my bikes, and I now have a few so I can spread out the mileage between them. So I'm hopeful that the Brose systems will hold up.

And when I saw the deal being offered on the Atom Lynx, and then could negotiate the free shipping, it was kind of a no-brainer to me. I'm a true sucker for 50% off. Love the spec on it and the way it rides. And it would give me a second FS e-bike for a buddy to ride when I get back onto the trails (just working up my conditioning on the street currently, since recently getting back into e-bikes without having done any riding for a while). The Lynx is definitely overkill for the mild trail riding I will be doing now at my age - I don't have the aggressive bent I used to have on the trails, and I definitely don't heal as quickly as I used to!

These modern e-bikes sure are a blast... and are giving me plenty to do during these 'shelter at home' times.

From my understanding, the Atom Lynx 6 uses the Brose T motor and the Atom X Lynx series first used the Brose S motor with current Atom X series using Brose S Mag motor.

No, the Atom X Lynx models available in USA use the Brose S Alu motor. The Brose S Mag motor is on 2019-2020 Atom X Lynx bikes, but they are only available in Europe as BH pulled out of North America.

You are correct that the Atom Lynx 6 uses the Brose T; my ride experience on both BH models is that the Brose T burns a lot of battery going up hills very quickly. Also there are a lot of reliability problems with the Brose T (and also proprietary BH Brose batteries), supposedly less so on the Brose S.

I went with a BH Rebel with Yamah PWX and never looked back.

I have the AtomX 6 as well as the Rebel, love both bikes can't decide which one I prefer. When I'm on the Rebel I love the Yamaha then when I jump on the AtomX I think it's the best and swear by the Brose, only thing wrong with the bikes is they're both priced way too high. I wheeled and dealed and got pretty good deals but nothing compared to some of the deals you guys got. I'm in Canada and couldn't take advantage of the prices available In the US. I got an extra battery for my AtomX for $400 but it doesn't work and neither does the replacement the dealer gave me, I have another one on the way. I'll try to get a picture of them tomorrow and get it posted.

Here's pics of my two BH rides. I live in an area with an abundance of hills in fact my house is on a 10% paved road and I'm minutes away from long 13% and 15 % paved hills. Anyway today I took each bike on the same 12 km hilly route so I could do a comparison and the AtomX won hands down, that included some jumps people had built on the street and jumping curbs and whatever else I could find. I purchased the Rebel over a year ago and the AtomX in October so I hadn't really given the Brose a good workout. I prefer the Brose over the Yamaha, it's smoother and has more power. I mountain bike and did quite a bit of off road riding with the Rebel last summer and really liked it on trails etc.
IMG_1171.JPG
IMG_1193.JPG
IMG_1194.JPG

Nice review of 2 great bikes... thanks for sharing. Last year I compared the older BH Lynx 6 27.5 (not the Atom X) with the BH Rebel Lynx 5.5 PW-X.

At year end, Lenny was offering the both for about the same price ($2,000) and I now see the Lynx 6 is back to $3,000 and the Lynx 5.5 is $4,000!

Crazy pricing variation for sure... ;)

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I suspect you can get close to those prices if you call CrazyLenny's and negotiate. Not sure if they have any stock left though. They still show the gravel on the website but I recall from the crisis prices sale it sold out.

I suspect you can get close to those prices if you call CrazyLenny's and negotiate. Not sure if they have any stock left though. They still show the gravel on the website but I recall from the crisis prices sale it sold out.
Yes. One member here recently (last week?) purchased the Lynx 6 27.5 for just over $2,300 shipped after negotiating with CL's on the phone.

Yes. One member here recently (last week?) purchased the Lynx 6 27.5 for just over $2,300 shipped after negotiating with CL's on the phone.

I agree... the same bike was $1,980 from Black Friday to Christmas last year. The Lynx 5.5 was $1,790 at BBB in January 2020.

You guys are paying less than half of what I paid even after I figure in the exchange rate of the two currencies.
There are definitely some awesome deals available to us on incredible bikes!

Last edited:
Beautiful bikes... now go get them covered in mud. ;)

Oh they will get muddy and banged up that's a given. It's not evident in the picture but the Rebel is pretty scraped up from last summer. The pictures were taken this morning at the storage I rent where I keep my bikes, I washed them before I put them away for the winter and won't clean them again until next November. Those are my only two mountain bikes and have quickly become my favourite eBikes. I also have a couple fat tire bikes and some others I keep for friends and family ( mostly grandchildren ) when they come and visit. Another nice bike I have is my Biktrix Juggernaut HD with 3" tires on 26" wheels. A really nicely tuned and powerful bike, it's a blast in the snow when/if we have it. Enjoy your rides, I'm over 80 and still enjoy my daily ride.

Last edited:
I wanna be like you when I grow up. 😊

Riding bikes keeps us all young. I restored, rode, and raced vintage motorcycles most of my life but got rid of them all when I turned 80 fearing I would kill myself. I got into flying RC planes and drones but with my vision most of my toys just flew away into the wilderness never to be seen again. Now it's bikes and I'm really enjoying it, I enjoy the technology as much as I do the riding. I competed in mountain biking back in the early eighties when it started but I was too old even then to be really competitive. Now 40 years later I'm back at it.

@Feliz I can’t decide whether I should be laughing or be in awe. Probably both. Like I said, hope I can be half as awesome as you. 👍

Back